Needy bunny

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Popsicles

Reaction score
I’ve just moved house in the last couple of weeks meaning my bunny is properly free range having the whole downstairs (including my bedroom) but shut in the kitchen at night or when I’m out. Previously she just had the kitchen in my old house. Basically the last couple of days she has been really needy and obsessed with me, follows me to every room, waits for me at the bottom of the stairs.. she weed on my bed last night because I fell asleep so wasn’t giving her attention. She’s always loved a fuss but normally will sleep in the other room etc without the need to come with me everywhere...
Any ideas why she is suddenly excessively obsessed with me?

That's kind of really adorable in my opinion. Maybe it's because you changed places and the new place has new surroundings she's not used to and you're the only thing that she knows and trusts so she's following you for safety? I could be wrong but I don't think this is something to worry about, soon enough she'll learn about her new environments and get used to it. Although Claudia has been living with me in my house for the past 6 months, she's used to only my bedroom so when I take her downstairs or the living room, she does very little exploring them runs to me and sleeps on my chest if I'm laying down or forces me to lay down so she'd hop and sleep on my chest. Sounds like your bunny can't get 'nuff of you.

Haha yeah it’s pretty cute but also very annoying and she’s so close to being stepped on soon! Claudia is such a little sweetie :)

Today dad bought me this wooden clipboard to use when I draw or sketch and Claudia already managed to bite a piece off of the wood, ripped my sketch paper and she just own't move. She found a way to get on top of my desk where I work and she keeps eating my work haha, but I still find it really cute that she's bothered I'm giving this thing more attention than her that she's destroying it. Maybe it's because I'm still a new pet owner that I don't find anything she does annoying.

I agree that it could have to do with the move to a new place, possibly making her feel a little insecure. Some other possibilities could be something upsetting or scaring her, changes in hers or your routine, or possibly a health issue.

@Alice Trancy bless you, yeah they do get away with murder sometimes because of their cute faces!!
Thank you @JBun , I’m hoping she will be a bit more settled in soon and more independent again!

Latest posts

Back