Needing Sleep Suggestions

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sabrina92

Reaction score
Hey guys!
The first two nights I got my bunny she slept in the cage and then it got hot so I let her stay in the bathroom and just free roam between the bathroom, my room and the hallway and just eat and use the restroom in the cage. She’s a curious bunny and loves to try and get under my bed. I haven’t bunny proofed it so I blocked it off with a play pen. Now she sleeps and relaxes during the day and plays at night. She is now waking me up between 3-5 am by rattling the play pen trying to get in to go under the bed and no matter how many times I try and get her to stop she just won’t. The play pen is just a fence from the side of the bathroom door around to my closet. Any suggestions so I can get some sleep?

3-5AM aligns with when rabbits can be active. Some rabbits will eventually learn to shift to your activity schedule, but more often than not, I've found my rabbits want me to be up and about earlier than I want to...

I would suggest blocking visuals via a bed sheet or sheet of cardboard -- my interpretation is that seeing the other side is a cue to rattle the cage to signal she wants in or doesn't like that it's there; however, if it seems nothing is on the other side, it's less likely to happen. The xpen I have out in my rabbits' living space is covered with a bed sheet to deter cage rattling.

bedsheet.png

3-5AM aligns with when rabbits can be active. Some rabbits will eventually learn to shift to your activity schedule, but more often than not, I've found my rabbits want me to be up and about earlier than I want to...

I would suggest blocking visuals via a bed sheet or sheet of cardboard -- my interpretation is that seeing the other side is a cue to rattle the cage to signal she wants in or doesn't like that it's there; however, if it seems nothing is on the other side, it's less likely to happen. The xpen I have out in my rabbits' living space is covered with a bed sheet to deter cage rattling.

View attachment 56184
Oh my gosh this is genius. So far it’s working, hoping I can sleep finally sleep in till 7 tomorrow. Thank you!

I ended up just getting a cheap rug that fit under my bed and let my buck use it as his territory. He has great litter habbits and the rug keeps him from pulling/chewing the carpet strands, so it works well for us both :)

I think rabbits view the space underneath beds as prime bunny habitat and want to get in there to feel safe.

I ended up just getting a cheap rug that fit under my bed and let my buck use it as his territory. He has great litter habbits and the rug keeps him from pulling/chewing the carpet strands, so it works well for us both :)

I think rabbits view the space underneath beds as prime bunny habitat and want to get in there to feel safe.
Eventually I will allow her underneath because I know she feels safest there but until I can block off the back and sides of the bed I don’t want her under there just on the off chance she chews wires or gets hurt. Thanks for the idea of putting a rug under, I will definitely have to do that!

Latest posts

Back