Need to vent...

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ana_The_Dreamer

Reaction score
This does involve rabbits but I wasn't sure where else to post it. I guess I just need to vent before I blow up. :p
Earlier today I stuck my neck out on social media and commented my two cents on some stupid political issue. As you can imagine I was eaten alive by the internet trolls that always are lurking in the shadows. First I was called "Evil" and such. I didn't mind. Then I was threatened with violence. I thought it was uncalled for, but decided not to dig my grave any deeper than it already was. Then some cowards started making comments like "I'm going to strangle your rabbit", "How would you like me to make a pair of mittens out of your little bunny rabbit??", and "I wish I could stab your rabbit"
(Unfortunately my profile picture for this certain website was a picture of Nessa and I)
I was distraught. Why would you drag my animal into this?? Let alone threaten to kill her!? I deleted my comment from that particular forum and anything I had to do with it. I went back attempting to report those comments only to discover the commenters had deleted them.
I'm just so upset. How cruel. How completely un-necessary!
Sorry if this sounds silly, but I just needed to vent. :bigtears:

Not silly at all! It's a weak person indeed who has to sink so low as to threaten an innocent creature! Some people are just bullies and don't know how to respect or communicate with others. If it was still up on the forum I would recommend that you take a screen shot of the "debate" (sorry lack of better word) and take it to the cops, threatening someone and/or their property is illegal and immoral! Sorry those are my views I hope it all works out for you
~Shell

I've always been amazed how brave some are when they aren't eye to eye with you. Always keep in mind what G Carlin said--"God must love stupid people because he made so dam many". You need to remember that they are always right so by extension, you are always wrong. Some peoples' minds are so narrow that their ears rub. Sometimes it's best to keep things to yourself.

It's not silly I totally understand, it's happened to me before some ppl just can't hear other pols opinions that are not their own.

Believe me- if they involve my Trix, I threaten back. If they have a dog or cat, I tell them how I want some fried rice with their animal as the main component. There is no need to take that kind of abuse.

^Yet you would give them the same kind of abuse back?

People just do like to bully sometimes. I ignore it for the most part, as most of the time they're just trying to get on top or get a response from you. It may not be pleasant to here, but I know they can't/won't actually do anything, so I just try to ignore.

^Yet you would give them the same kind of abuse back?

People just do like to bully sometimes. I ignore it for the most part, as most of the time they're just trying to get on top or get a response from you. It may not be pleasant to here, but I know they can't/won't actually do anything, so I just try to ignore.

Some people think it's funny to bully anybody with a pet rabbit; I, for one, am sick and tired of it. So you had better bet I will stand up for mine and other pet rabbits.

One of my coworkers always makes 'rabbit stew' jokes. I just ignore him now. He makes them less often that way.

Believe me- if they involve my Trix, I threaten back. If they have a dog or cat, I tell them how I want some fried rice with their animal as the main component. There is no need to take that kind of abuse.

Look as well as a rabbit and guinea pigs and rats and a gerbil and a hamster I also have a a dog and cat and I love them and I don't think joking about abusing them is funny even if your confronting a bully
I love all animals.

Look as well as a rabbit and guinea pigs and rats and a gerbil and a hamster I also have a a dog and cat and I love them and I don't think joking about abusing them is funny even if your confronting a bully
I love all animals.

You're right; however, when I put it into terms that their small brains comprehend, they tend to back off. Some people are so stupid that they don't even think that they would be offending a rabbit owner by saying such ugly things.

You're right; however, when I put it into terms that their small brains comprehend, they tend to back off. Some people are so stupid that they don't even think that they would be offending a rabbit owner by saying such ugly things.

No editing feature, eh?

Don't think for a moment I would EVER follow through with such a threat, but I am also not joking, either. I want to turn their insensitive statements back onto them to make them feel the hurt they have done to me.

For the record, I love all animals and do not advocate cruelty to them; I just feel our long-eared, wiggly-nosed companions do not get enough respect by many who claim to love animals, that's all.

I usually figure that they are the product of inbreeding and don't know any better. The biggest problem is when they can remain anonymous and not deal with you face to face. This leads to comments from their alligator mouth that would get their gerbil asses kicked half way to the moon. If it occurs here, I usually insult them in a very wordy manner and report them. The rest, I just try to ignore and never reply as I have too little time left on this plane of existence to waste on morons.

I usually figure that they are the product of inbreeding and don't know any better. The biggest problem is when they can remain anonymous and not deal with you face to face. This leads to comments from their alligator mouth that would get their gerbil asses kicked half way to the moon. If it occurs here, I usually insult them in a very wordy manner and report them. The rest, I just try to ignore and never reply as I have too little time left on this plane of existence to waste on morons.

You have much more patience than I. I get crap like that from (now) former clients three feet away from me whilst me holding shears that could cut their ear. I generally tell them to "naff off!!!! Get the (bleep) out of my chair AND DON'T COME BACK!!!!!" Yes, some think it's funny to tell me how my rabbits would make good food, even when I could cause them bodily harm with my implements. Before I tell them the fiery quote, I ask them what animal they have and proceed to ask if it would bother them if I were to make insensitive jokes about their animal or children before I tell the little trollop to naff off.

Don't really have all that much patience, just that in school and at work I mostly gave stupid people good reason to avoid me or I made their life miserable. Most of these morons never read any history. Kung Fu Tzu ( confucius) once wrote "it is better to stay silent and let everyone think you a fool than open your mouth and confirm their opinion". Far better to ignore them and let Karma take care of them instead of hurting your hand with their head or your foot with their bum!

Latest posts

Back