Need to rehome the best bunny ever - Idaho

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

katiopeia

Reaction score
Boise, Idaho area -

I have the best rabbit there is. But I'm very allergic. It wasn't a huge problem until we moved a few months ago and our new house is 90% hardwood, making it almost impossible to keep the hair contained. Added to that, I now permanently work from home... even taking my pills every day I cannot breathe out of my nose anymore. Ever. My 2 year old has also started to show signs of allergies to the rabbit.

• My sweet harlequin bunny is about a year and a half old and is the sweetest boy. His fur is super soft and has awesome coloring.
• We call him hopscotch, but he's a bunny so you could call him anything you like. He'd probably like a pun.
• He was neutered by a local vet last year.
• He is super friendly - from the first day we got him he was just fine being picked up. He's fine being carrier around or sitting with you for pets.
• He is amazing with my two small children and is a stout boy (not fat, just not super fragile) so he holds his own with my small dog. They play together well.
• He loves to explore the house and hanging outside in his 'summer home' (wood hutch). He's only been outside on the ground a couple times, and not for long (mostly sniffing around on the deck if he comes out to explore while we wash his tower).
• He's pretty well litter trained, he doesn't potty around the house at all and keeps most of his waste to the bottom level of his bunny high-rise.
• He like to nibble phone charging cables, and once an ethernet cord. So that's a thing to watch out for.
• He will do almost anything for a treat. He gets hay and mixed greens daily.

If you're in the area, we have an indoor and outdoor hutch and a small pet carrier for him along with some food, toys, litter box, and a couple packs of his favorite treats. We only ask a small rehoming fee, for the usual reasons.

Attachments

• tempImagerArqXg.png
    tempImagerArqXg.png
    1.9 MB · Views: 22
  • IMG_5486.jpg
    IMG_5486.jpg
    368.2 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_5489.jpg
    IMG_5489.jpg
    282.7 KB · Views: 24
What sweet boy. I wish I could take him, Also, are you sure you're allergic to him and not the hay?
I'm not sure with my kid, but I know I'm allergic to him specifically. Also allergic to cats, dogs, and most things with fur. My kid is also allergic to cats but not dogs.

I’m not too sure how well buns get rehomed on this forum, as typically people either live all the way across the world, or just another looking for another bun yet.
He’s gorgeous, and sounds amazing. Along with that, if he’s in good health and already fixed, he’ll find a great home quickly. If there are any rescues near you, who take rabbits, I’d contact them first, as they’ll be able to match him with a great home <3

Boise, Idaho area -

I have the best rabbit there is. But I'm very allergic. It wasn't a huge problem until we moved a few months ago and our new house is 90% hardwood, making it almost impossible to keep the hair contained. Added to that, I now permanently work from home... even taking my pills every day I cannot breathe out of my nose anymore. Ever. My 2 year old has also started to show signs of allergies to the rabbit.

• My sweet harlequin bunny is about a year and a half old and is the sweetest boy. His fur is super soft and has awesome coloring.
• We call him hopscotch, but he's a bunny so you could call him anything you like. He'd probably like a pun.
• He was neutered by a local vet last year.
• He is super friendly - from the first day we got him he was just fine being picked up. He's fine being carrier around or sitting with you for pets.
• He is amazing with my two small children and is a stout boy (not fat, just not super fragile) so he holds his own with my small dog. They play together well.
• He loves to explore the house and hanging outside in his 'summer home' (wood hutch). He's only been outside on the ground a couple times, and not for long (mostly sniffing around on the deck if he comes out to explore while we wash his tower).
• He's pretty well litter trained, he doesn't potty around the house at all and keeps most of his waste to the bottom level of his bunny high-rise.
• He like to nibble phone charging cables, and once an ethernet cord. So that's a thing to watch out for.
• He will do almost anything for a treat. He gets hay and mixed greens daily.

If you're in the area, we have an indoor and outdoor hutch and a small pet carrier for him along with some food, toys, litter box, and a couple packs of his favorite treats. We only ask a small rehoming fee, for the usual reasons.
I would totally adopt him but I live in Denver, Colorado. Hmm my sister lives in Boise area though...(just thinking out loud!). Your bunny is just adorable. I lost my sweet bunny a little over a month ago and would love to have a new furry friend. Keep us posted!

He sounds wonderful, I'm so sorry you two have to part ways. While it's a little far away, you could get in touch with the Bozeman Rabbit Resource. They may be able to help you and I know lots of good folks whole make the journey between the two spots pretty frequently who may be able to help you and Hopscotch find a better situation if you find someone through them. Heck, I could use a road trip if you find him a good home... message me if you need a driver in the region!

What sweet boy. I wish I could take him, Also, are you sure you're allergic to him and not the hay?
yeah, thats a problem with us too. We had to rehome a bun because a family member believed he was allergic. :/
turns out it was the hay. We switched.
The person we rehomed the bunny to couldn't keep him. we brought him back with a diff. hay and family was fine, no allergy at all.

Latest posts

Back