Need to rehome the best bunny ever - Idaho

Help Support RabbitsOnline:

katiopeia

Reaction score
Boise, Idaho area -

I have the best rabbit there is. But I'm very allergic. It wasn't a huge problem until we moved a few months ago and our new house is 90% hardwood, making it almost impossible to keep the hair contained. Added to that, I now permanently work from home... even taking my pills every day I cannot breathe out of my nose anymore. Ever. My 2 year old has also started to show signs of allergies to the rabbit.

• My sweet harlequin bunny is about a year and a half old and is the sweetest boy. His fur is super soft and has awesome coloring.
• We call him hopscotch, but he's a bunny so you could call him anything you like. He'd probably like a pun.
• He was neutered by a local vet last year.
• He is super friendly - from the first day we got him he was just fine being picked up. He's fine being carrier around or sitting with you for pets.
• He is amazing with my two small children and is a stout boy (not fat, just not super fragile) so he holds his own with my small dog. They play together well.
• He loves to explore the house and hanging outside in his 'summer home' (wood hutch). He's only been outside on the ground a couple times, and not for long (mostly sniffing around on the deck if he comes out to explore while we wash his tower).
• He's pretty well litter trained, he doesn't potty around the house at all and keeps most of his waste to the bottom level of his bunny high-rise.
• He like to nibble phone charging cables, and once an ethernet cord. So that's a thing to watch out for.
• He will do almost anything for a treat. He gets hay and mixed greens daily.

If you're in the area, we have an indoor and outdoor hutch and a small pet carrier for him along with some food, toys, litter box, and a couple packs of his favorite treats. We only ask a small rehoming fee, for the usual reasons.

Attachments

CrazyChickenGirl

Reaction score
I’m so sorry you have to rehome your wonderful boy. I wish I could offer to help, but I live all the way in New York State so all I can say is good luck.

katiopeia

Reaction score
What sweet boy. I wish I could take him, Also, are you sure you're allergic to him and not the hay?
I'm not sure with my kid, but I know I'm allergic to him specifically. Also allergic to cats, dogs, and most things with fur. My kid is also allergic to cats but not dogs.

Apollo’s Slave

Reaction score
I’m not too sure how well buns get rehomed on this forum, as typically people either live all the way across the world, or just another looking for another bun yet.
He’s gorgeous, and sounds amazing. Along with that, if he’s in good health and already fixed, he’ll find a great home quickly. If there are any rescues near you, who take rabbits, I’d contact them first, as they’ll be able to match him with a great home <3

Nancy McClelland

Larry
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My allergy was to Timothy--switched to orchard grass. We'd take him but can't travel that far--rescue 48 and 49 were sent to us from N Calif by Operation Roger and the Bunderground Railroad.

Cara

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Boise, Idaho area -

I have the best rabbit there is. But I'm very allergic. It wasn't a huge problem until we moved a few months ago and our new house is 90% hardwood, making it almost impossible to keep the hair contained. Added to that, I now permanently work from home... even taking my pills every day I cannot breathe out of my nose anymore. Ever. My 2 year old has also started to show signs of allergies to the rabbit.

• My sweet harlequin bunny is about a year and a half old and is the sweetest boy. His fur is super soft and has awesome coloring.
• We call him hopscotch, but he's a bunny so you could call him anything you like. He'd probably like a pun.
• He was neutered by a local vet last year.
• He is super friendly - from the first day we got him he was just fine being picked up. He's fine being carrier around or sitting with you for pets.
• He is amazing with my two small children and is a stout boy (not fat, just not super fragile) so he holds his own with my small dog. They play together well.
• He loves to explore the house and hanging outside in his 'summer home' (wood hutch). He's only been outside on the ground a couple times, and not for long (mostly sniffing around on the deck if he comes out to explore while we wash his tower).
• He's pretty well litter trained, he doesn't potty around the house at all and keeps most of his waste to the bottom level of his bunny high-rise.
• He like to nibble phone charging cables, and once an ethernet cord. So that's a thing to watch out for.
• He will do almost anything for a treat. He gets hay and mixed greens daily.

If you're in the area, we have an indoor and outdoor hutch and a small pet carrier for him along with some food, toys, litter box, and a couple packs of his favorite treats. We only ask a small rehoming fee, for the usual reasons.
I would totally adopt him but I live in Denver, Colorado. Hmm my sister lives in Boise area though...(just thinking out loud!). Your bunny is just adorable. I lost my sweet bunny a little over a month ago and would love to have a new furry friend. Keep us posted!

Latest posts