Need to Know!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

talontuner

Reaction score
Hey guys,

So just a quick question. Do you guys think my rabbit looks like a wild bun? I bought her from a pet store months ago and then bought one from a breeder to be friends with her. They are both dwarfs and spayed females, but i have always noticed differences between them. The one from the pet store is a lot more paranoid around me, she doesnt like to be picked up or handled and stomps at me when I try. Basically in a nutshell shes a honory bi*** but i love her still haha. But she also looks nothing like my dwarf that came from the breeder and today i was coming home from class and saw a rabbit that looked like it could have been her twin. I freaked out briefly thinking she got out of my apartment some how but it wasnt her. So heres a pick of her. Lemme know what ya think

IMG00166.jpg

IMG00168.jpg

she looks like our Charlene, not like a wild bunny at all. Some don't get handled enough as kits to be accepting of it and some never like being picked up. All of our bunnies have mellowed with time, but, we only have two out of 13 that like to be held. They will all come to us when they want attention,but, it mostly on their terms.

While the coloring does resemble a Eastern Cottontail rabbit, the facial structure is completely offalong with ear length and overallconformation.

Hope this helps! :wave:

We have always noticed Petstore bunnies just take more time to get use to the fact people are going to hold and pet them! We have two Flemish Mix Girls that look almost exactly like your girl, well their ears are like touble yours! She is a pretty girl, but not a wild girl. Wild rabbits are actually Hares, long lean bodies, Wild rabbits, even if raised in a pet rabbit's litter will be wild, I am talking biting wild, and most of the time actually kill themselves (forced heartattack) if caught by a person. Sorry if it sounds funny, my mind is else where, sick bunny....

Fairly common, yup. She's definitely not a wild bun. ;)

The other day I was looking at something on CL about this person who had gotten a rabbit and she said "Based on research I've figured out my bunny is a dwarf cottontail."

I almost died laughing at that! ^

Emily

Latest posts

Back