need help

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nuttymeg

Reaction score
my rabbit built her nest 4 days ago she lined it with fur 3 days ago. She seems to be tending more to her nest today by lying in it and poking her nose around it what I am worried about is I don't know her due date I am assuming it would be some time here to this weekend she has some bald spots from pulling. How soon will they build a nest? She has been lining it for 3 days off and on. i dont know her due date. But noticed a very marked aggression since july 26th.

Some will build a nest right before they have the babies. Others will start a week maybe two before. Might I suggest putting the nest in a nesting box or shoe box.

Have you tried poking around and seeing if there are babies in it? The whole fur pile moves when there are some but that depends on how deep the babies are. I would look around just to be safe. You can try to lure mom out or distract her with treats while doing this. As far as timing you might just have to sit and wait as said before it really varies from doe to doe as when they start nesting and pulling fur. Majority of them pull fur closer to the due date if not right before while we have had some that do it a week before

I have looked and nothing. I thought 2 days ago fir sure she was having them as there was reddush watery fluid in the bedding but nothing. I know urine can sometimes be red to orange but her diet has not changed. Her demeanor is the same. She eats and drinks normally.

Just watch her for now then. Like was mentioned it would be best if you had a nesting box in there, that's a little bigger than the doe. If the kits stay in this makeshift nest then they run a high risk of spreading out and getting stepped on.

Latest posts

Back