Need help with scratched cornea treatment for Bunny!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

josh45g678

Reaction score
I have two bunnies (summer & winter) both two months old, they are separated in their enclosure due to violent behaviors towards each other.
32 hours ago winter managed to squeeze through to the other side and fought summer for about two minutes before I separated them.

• I noticed a scratch mark on the cornea of summers' right eye 2 hours later
  • 8 hours later summer started closing his right eye & it stayed closed to the next day
  • 24 hours later i noticed slight swelling on that right eye & used saline solution to clean it & put a E-Collar on the bunny afterward
  • Summer was able to open his right eye after the cleaning
There is a small visible white spot on the cornea, top left of the pupil
At the moment I am considering applying Terramycin eye ointment to treat possible eye infection & Ciprofloxacin eye drops for possible eye ulcer treatment.

I ask for a vet professional advice on what my next course of action should be to treat this injury.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 5
Go to a vet. My rabbit had the same issue a week ago. He had a small scratch on his cornea. The vet prescribed antibiotic eye drops and the eye started to look better the same day.

It's important to go to a vet so they can make sure it's nothing serious and the eye starts to heal quickly.

I ask for a vet professional advice on what my next course of action should be to treat this injury.

If you are asking us for vet advice, we are not vets on here. We can share experience, opinions, and recommended medical information (from reliable medical resources) as fellow rabbit owners, but we do not and cannot diagnose and instruct you on how you should treat a medical condition with your rabbit, particularly when you are in a country where you have access to knowledgeable rabbit vets. If you want vet professional advise, you need to take your rabbit to be examined and treated by a knowledgeable rabbit vet.

Medirabbit (corneal ulcers in rabbits)

https://rabbit.org/vet-listings/

Latest posts

Back