Need help with crusty, swollen nose

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Narmymata954

Reaction score
My 6 week old Lionhead has a crusty swollen nose what could it be ? I attached a picture

Attachments

• 9954197F-98BF-446F-A464-6ADA84D56E3B.jpeg
    9954197F-98BF-446F-A464-6ADA84D56E3B.jpeg
    86.2 KB · Views: 17
Any chance it got bit by an animal or possibly insect bite? Or is there a cut there that could now be infected? If you don't think it's any of these, rabbit syphilis, possibly mites, or myxomatosis(depending on if you live somewhere that has this disease) are some possibilities. Check your bun over for any other signs of swelling or crustiness.
MediRabbit (rabbit syphilis)
MediRabbit (mange mites in rabbits)
MediRabbit (myxomatosis in rabbits)

He doesn’t seem to have it anywhere else just on his nose if it is rabbit syphillis where can I get penicillin?

I'm not too sure what the diagnosis or the solution for this is .. but I just wanted to drop in and say that you have such an adorable bunny! I hope she/he recovers and that it's nothing too serious!

If you can take him to a vet that would be the best option. You can get Pen G at a feed store, but it must be injected, dosage based on weight, and giving it without knowing what he has may not be your best option.

Latest posts

Back