Need help with breeding my doe

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kirstysharp2847

Reaction score
Hi, I need some advice. I've been trying to breed my doe for months now. Ive read that you have to wait until her bits are red but I've been checking for weeks and it's always white not red. She's had babies before but it was by accident so I didn't see what colour it was then. Can anyone give me any advice??

P.s. I am keeping all of the babies she has so I know they will be looked after.

You don’t really need to wait for the right ‘color’. Sometimes the buck being around is enough to get her in the mood. I would take the doe to the buck and see what happens.

You don’t really need to wait for the right ‘color’. Sometimes the buck being around is enough to get her in the mood. I would take the doe to the buck and see what happens.
I tried another doe a few times and they only had one fall of and it seems like he can't get it in. I've even tried lifting her hind legs up but he humps her then stays still for some time, could this mean he got it in? Is there any advice?

Rabbits are induced ovulaters. Unlike other animals, they don’t have heat cycles. Does will only come into heat if stimulated by a buck. Try mating her a few times one day and then put them in separate cages next to each other, and try again the next day. She’ll likely be in heat by then. If not, keep trying. It may take a day or two of exposure to the male before she comes into heat. There’s some videos about it on YouTube.

Not every buck will fall off, though the vast majority do. We bred our buck to another breeder’s doe, multiple times. Our buck went through the motions each time but didn’t grunt or fall over afterward. We thought it was a failure. Guess what, 30 days later the doe had a litter of kits from him! You never know.
For a doe that wouldn’t lift we would sometimes hold her to keep her from running, and hold up her tail. If they keep their tail down it’s pretty hard for the buck to successfully mate.

Latest posts

Back