Need help! What breed is my bunny?!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Michelledukes

Reaction score
I'm not sure what his breeding is. When he stretches out he seems rather long and muscular. I think he has a full arch. Hes got rather large hind feet. A broken herringbone going down his back and V shaped ears and black tail. His name is chewie and I think he's rather young. Probably 3 months to 6 months. Hes mostly white but hes got several spots around his Hinds and one large one by his eye on his right side and several by his eye on the other side.20200302_011104.jpg 20200302_011127.jpg 20200302_011132.jpg 20200302_011149.jpg

Maybe a checkard giant if he’s really large for a young bunny. He can be a mix with a checkard giant :)

I was thinking so or mix with it, we put him next to a Rex that was the around the same age and he was 3 times the size lol

Checkered giants often have an upright sitting stance. Does he often sit with his front legs extended, more like a dog sitting up than a hunched rabbit? It's not an all the time thing, but it could be a key to his backround.

Doesn't look anything like a checkered giant to me. They are big, lean rabbits with thick bone; a very rare breed not really found in the pet trade or in mixed breed rabbits often. This spotted pattern is found in many breeds and it doesn't mean that your rabbit is part checkered giant or english spot.

Looks like our Checkered Giant--the shelter told us she was a full grown English Spot mix and weighed 7 pounds. Turns out she was maybe three months and by the end of the year she was a very sweet 20 pounds--definitely Gigantic, but very sweet and loved to sit on our laps. Time and size will tell.

I think he is definitely an English spot! He has the markings and they are generally large rabbits.

Latest posts

Back