Need help sexing my rabbits!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mozza

Reaction score
If you could help me sex my rabbits that'd be great! The first two rabbits are babies, the rest adults. The first rabbit is long haired so I took 3 pics of that rabbit. Thanks!

You need better photos. You actually have to pop out the genitles as that is where you can really see the difference.

#4 does look like a buck, but only because there are visible testicles.

The first picture that I posted is a male the second I posted is a female.

The inner lining of the vagina is shiny and pink in appearance and retains its vertical slit-likeshape. No penis appears as the vulval lips are rolled open, confirming that the animal is a female rabbit.

The male rabbit has a penis that is long and pointed and curves slightly. He will also have testicles like the rabbit in your #4 picture.

You need to press down on the area like they did in the pictures I posted. You should be able to tell the gender by the pics I posted and the descriptions. If you can't, post new pictures and we can help :)

Last edited:
I tried pressing on it, on a baby (I'll do the adults in a minute), and all I got was this:

Am I doing something wrong?

If you click on the pics it make them larger:). I have no idea how old they are, I bought the dark one from a boy with a litter. The light baby is from a breeder, but I can't remember what she said.

Tomorrow I'll try the other methods!

I can usually sex mine by 4 weeks old with a strong magnifier & definitely by 6 weeks with it. I agree with the way the other posters have said to go about it. But for me, it's the magnifier!!!

Latest posts

Back