Need help sexing my rabbits!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

Mozza

Reaction score
If you could help me sex my rabbits that'd be great! The first two rabbits are babies, the rest adults. The first rabbit is long haired so I took 3 pics of that rabbit. Thanks!

Korr_and_Sophie

Reaction score
You need better photos. You actually have to pop out the genitles as that is where you can really see the difference.

#4 does look like a buck, but only because there are visible testicles.

iLuvMyLilBuns

Reaction score
The first picture that I posted is a male the second I posted is a female.

The inner lining of the vagina is shiny and pink in appearance and retains its vertical slit-likeshape. No penis appears as the vulval lips are rolled open, confirming that the animal is a female rabbit.

The male rabbit has a penis that is long and pointed and curves slightly. He will also have testicles like the rabbit in your #4 picture.

You need to press down on the area like they did in the pictures I posted. You should be able to tell the gender by the pics I posted and the descriptions. If you can't, post new pictures and we can help :)

Last edited:

Mozza

Reaction score
I tried pressing on it, on a baby (I'll do the adults in a minute), and all I got was this:

Am I doing something wrong?

Mozza

Reaction score
If you click on the pics it make them larger:). I have no idea how old they are, I bought the dark one from a boy with a litter. The light baby is from a breeder, but I can't remember what she said.

Tomorrow I'll try the other methods!

honeybunnies

Reaction score
I can usually sex mine by 4 weeks old with a strong magnifier & definitely by 6 weeks with it. I agree with the way the other posters have said to go about it. But for me, it's the magnifier!!!

Latest posts