Need help please !

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FreddysMom

Reaction score
I know I haven't been active in quite awhile,but a bad situation has come up where any help my Dad can get would befantastic. His favorite dog, Lady, has somehow someway severely injuredherself. Herr prognosis is not good. She is in need of a $2000 surgeryto repair her back ASAP or she will have to be put down. My fatherwould be deeply touched and thankful for any donations he can receive.Here is the link to read about what happened to Lady, her situation andhow to donate. THank you very much!

http://hometown.aol.com/pleasesavelady/index.html

:welcomeback
I am sorry it is not under better circumstances. You may want to lookunder PETS911 on the web or search our resource section for somesuggestions on "cant afford a vet". One suggestion I have done in thepast is start a credit account with the vet. They will allow you tomake monthly payments for the surgery. One other option is to put thesurgery on a credit card and pay it off monthly. If you have a surgeryperformed by an emergency vet it costs more than your vet. I have had asurgery performed on my cat and transfered her to our vet to recoverand it was less expensive and more caring. keep us updated and bestwishes

:pray::pray:

Oh how awful. I feel so bad for them. I can't donate but I will send my prayers and thoughts their way.

I'm wondering if dog forums could/would help more of if there are anyrescue agencies in the area specifically for that breed of dog thatcould help out w/ finances. Also, some vets take "CareCredit" and I believe some vets are part of a program which helpsindividuals - up to $1,000 or so? I'll look for the threadwhere someone posted about it and edit this message to include it.

Good luck in finding help! It is so hard to see a companionthat we love in pain and suffering. I hope they can get helpASAP.

Peg

Thanks guys...!

They've shared their story with a Lhaso association so the organizer ofthat group is trying to get them some help. They are also looking intothe AAHA but its a process to get qualified...proving their disabilityand such, the paperwork takes forever :(

I just hope everything can get in order whatever the outcome may be so poor Lady doesn't have to be in pain.

Poor puppy!

This is a great thing you're doing for your Dad and Lady, I hope it works out! :hug1

Maybe the vet may reduce the rate if you offer to apply some of theeffort intohelping promotehis/her clinic?I'm sure you could round uphundreds of dollars worth of'free' advertising via a well-distributed story and thank-you note.

Good luck with it all. :clover::pray:

Latest posts

Back