Need help naming my rabbitry!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hey. I have just recently started breeding Mini Rex's. Next year I will also start breeding Netherland Dwarves. I'm going to be starting a rabbitry. But there's one problem...I don't have a name for my rabbitry. I need help. Here's some facts about me and my rabbits:
• my rabbits and I live in the country on a big property with all sorts of animals.
• all my bunnies live in a barn.
• I like the words: creek, forest, hill(s), hollow, lake, river, ocean. Basically anything to do with nature.
• i usually name my bunnies after something like a movie character (for example I've name all the buns in one of my larger litters after all the characters in "The Lord of The Rings") or sometimes after food. My first bunnies name was Panini. Like the breakfast sandwich at Tim Hortons.
Don't be afraid to have some creativity! Thanks!

i'm not sure if you're intending to sell your rabbits as show rabbits, pets or meat. However, if you don't intend to sell them for meat you may want to leave any food related words out of the name of your rabbitry...people may get the wrong idea! :lookaround

Haha yeah that's a good idea. No they're not for food. Mainly for pets, but could also be used as show. Have any ideas?

i'm not sure if you're intending to sell your rabbits as show rabbits, pets or meat. However, if you don't intend to sell them for meat you may want to leave any food related words out of the name of your rabbitry...people may get the wrong idea! :lookaround

Look above this reply ^^^

The names I thought of were:
Lake Side Rabbitry
Spring Creek Rabbitry
Nothern (Southern, Western, or Eastern depending on your location) Breeze Rabbitry
You could put your initials and call it ___'s Bunny Barn
Bubbling Brook Bunnies
Red Stone River Rabbitry
I think names involving trees always sounds interesting and unique: Persimmon Tree Rabbitry, Apple Orchard Rabbitry, etc.
Good luck on picking a name! :D

Sunrise hills rabbitry
Crystal lake rabbitry

Where are you from? I helped a friend name her jewellery business a week ago and she is from Canberra, Australia so we came up with Canbeadazzled, she really liked the word dazzled and well the jewellery was made from beads and she lives in Canberra so broken down came to Can-Bea-Dazzled.

~Shida (and Shell)

I think this is a great idea!

I don't think calling it something spring or lake or forest or whatever makes any sense unless you actually have a spring or lake or forest nearby. It seems a bit silly.

Do you have any interesting nature-landmarks near you? :)

I think this is a great idea!

I don't think calling it something spring or lake or forest or whatever makes any sense unless you actually have a spring or lake or forest nearby. It seems a bit silly.

Do you have any interesting nature-landmarks near you? :)

Same here. If you do have a lake, wood or forest near you you could name it after that. I like the initials bunny barn idea. Where do you live? You could name it after the place you live in. ( example : Willow creek rabbitry ). Good luck finding a name.

Breeding for pet and breeding for show are two different things. To sell rabbits for show you need to spend quite a bit more money on a breeding trio and it takes time to develop good show quality rabbits. I wouldn't think you'd want to sell their offspring as pets. Of course, if you have a whole barn to house them, you could have one area for your show stock and another area for your pet stock. Selling for show might be hard unless you plan to start showing yourself, to build up a reputation. If you have 4-H and/or FFA groups in your area, you could look into providing rabbits for them, too.

To get ideas for a rabbitry name you could look at the list of breeders on the ARBA website for ideas. Typically, a name involves where you live, a landmark closeby or your name.

The names I thought of were:
Lake Side Rabbitry
Spring Creek Rabbitry
Nothern (Southern, Western, or Eastern depending on your location) Breeze Rabbitry
Bubbling Brook Bunnies
Red Stone River Rabbitry
I think names involving trees always sounds interesting and unique: Persimmon Tree Rabbitry, Apple Orchard Rabbitry, etc.
Good luck on picking a name! :D

I love the "eastern, southern, northern" idea. I live in New Brunswick, Canada. It's also known as the "east coast". What do you think about "east coast rabbitry"?

Breeding for pet and breeding for show are two different things. To sell rabbits for show you need to spend quite a bit more money on a breeding trio and it takes time to develop good show quality rabbits. I wouldn't think you'd want to sell their offspring as pets. Of course, if you have a whole barn to house them, you could have one area for your show stock and another area for your pet stock. Selling for show might be hard unless you plan to start showing yourself, to build up a reputation. If you have 4-H and/or FFA groups in your area, you could look into providing rabbits for them, too.

To get ideas for a rabbitry name you could look at the list of breeders on the ARBA website for ideas. Typically, a name involves where you live, a landmark closeby or your name.

The "one area for show, one area for pets" idea. I might do that...thanks for the help! I think I'll keep just selling them as pets for now. Then I might start doing show buns. Thanks again!

Latest posts

Back