Need help, my bunny has a bald spot on his back

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rachelheil09

Reaction score
My rescue rabbit that I got from over a year ago is shedding. I brushed him today and he was doing great. He ate all the Food I gave him and didn’t seem too stressed or in pain. After I brushed him though, I realized there was a huge bald spot on his lower back. I started to panic. I will call the vet as soon as they open but in the mean time, I was wondering if anybody’s had this happen to them and if I can do anything to fix it? Some background: My bunnies have been living in my basement all summer because my family was home for the summer. I just moved them back in my room but the basement did have some bugs. He is a little on the skinner side and he is due for his annual checkup. He is bonded to my other rabbit. Both are fixed. I will try to leave a pic of the bald spot attached. Any help would be great!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    245.4 KB · Views: 9
It could potentially be normal to a molt -- sometimes fur releases before the new fur is in. Not uncommon, but could you describe how the skin itself looks? Any flakes, scabbing, sign of not being healthy?

What brush did you use? If you use something like a furminator you need to be really careful. I try to brush every day so bunny gets used to it but I also let bunny run away whenever they want, that way you know when you are pulling too much.

Latest posts

Back