Need help!! How long do I need to wait??

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ehraihcn

Reaction score
First time posting, hopefully this is within guidelines.

my wife and I purchased a new home this summer. About 6-7 weeks ago, a horrible thing happened. I was walking through our grass (which was pretty thick) and accidentally stepped on a baby bunny. He did not make it. This has haunted me, to the point that I’m legitimately scared to walk in my yard anymore.

my plan is to 1) wait long enough to ensure they (Other babies) are old enough to actually get out of the way when they hear me (or my lawnmower) coming. 2) keep the grass cut short enough to prevent something like that from EVER happening again.

So my question... how long do I need to wait to ensure they are old enough to be safe????

I can’t live in paranoia of my backyard, but I can’t go through that again. Hurting an innocent baby is... horrific all around.

That must of been a horrible experience and I hope it won’t happen again.

The bunnies should be big enough to move around. So they might have moved away. It was an accident, try to keep the grass short so you can see where you walk.

Myself accidentally killed a toad when walking to my bunnies outdoor cage and nearly hit a hare while driving today. One of the downside living near the forest. So accidents can happen. Otherwise wait until it gone 12 weeks and you can be sure the bunnies will be big enough to run away and hide. Wild rabbits grow faster than tamed ones.

I’m sorry that happened to you, rabbits have really good hearing so what about putting a timer on your phone but don’t put it too loud (at a relaxing tone) (rabbits can die from being scared) (maybe 15 seconds), ideally they would be running away

But rabbits can have babies every about 30 days.
EC5564B9-0A45-4276-8A16-B8C259D12AFB.png

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back