need help finding an affordable+nice looking rug!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hello! I too, used to want my bunnies to have nice soft flooring for their cute furry feet. I had low pile carpet for a short while but found that that really isn’t what they want. While we humans sometimes think we know what our little friends want, they have other things in mind.
I started looking into what long time rabbit owners have done and went from there. What I have found that my buns really like is a nice smooth floor that they can flop on, slide things around on, but something that can withstand the digging. I can’t stress this enough….buy a sheet of cheap linoleum from Lowes or Home Depot. You can cut this to the size you want and it is so easy to clean. Make sure you leave overhang because if they can get to an edge THEY WILL CHEW IT! Once you have the linoleum cut to the size you need, lay down an old or cheap blanket then place the linoleum on top of that. You can then build your playpen. My buns LOVE cold tile so I have four 12x12 squares of tile in a row laying on top of the linoleum on one side of the enclosure. They lay on the tile after exercise to cool down. Since they love to dig, I take pieces of fleece and affix them to one corner and they dig and dig at it trying to get it to move. I also, place pieces of fleece through out their enclosure so they can push it around and put it where they want it. You could also, put a rug or doormat style rug in but I will tell you that my buns just tear them up and never sleep or lay on them. Not to mention that carpet fibers can be ingested and if enough, could cause a blockage. This set up has been great for the buns and it’s so much easier for me to clean up.
My advice to you is to listen to the long time rabbit owners on the forum. They have the experience and know what these little fur babies like. They have been a tremendous help for me!
Good luck!
thanks, but this was from almost half a year ago haha. we've considered that before but because she struggles with sore hocks, so we went against it and used the rug we oringally thought about! TIPHEDE Rug, flatwoven, natural/black, 3'11"x5'11" (120x180 cm) - IKEA CA
we got it on sale in august for $7 and for its price it holds up very well!
this is an older picture but we keep it under the grids and have a tile in one of the corners and it's been working great for the past few months!IMG-7979.JPG

we do have doormat style rugs in her playtime area and she does sleep on them a lot and in fact loves them!

Latest posts

Back