Need help finding a vet in southgate ca

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BinkyLouie

Reaction score
Hi, guys so I’ve been wanting to neuter louie for some time but I’ve been unsuccessful finding a vet or just a place where they neutered rabbits either for free or for a low cost.. It’s always either 400-500 dollars. I find this place that has 20 reviews(2 bad reviews) and a 4.5 rating but I’m not sure if it’s okay to take him there. It’s not an actual building either it’s a van that has all their equipment there and everything. The cost is pretty low too about 125 to neuter him. Can anyone help?

I'd recommend reaching out to California's House Rabbit Society chapter and seeing their vet list. They may also be able to recommend low cost facilities as well.

I would not necessarily judge a mobile operation poorly--- they are becoming increasingly in demand to get stray animals fixed, as well as animals given/dropped off at shelters that may not be able to transport all their animals to a vet at once. I think, like with any vet, you want to ensure they are exotic and rabbit experienced.

I'd recommend reaching out to California's House Rabbit Society chapter and seeing their vet list. They may also be able to recommend low cost facilities as well.

I would not necessarily judge a mobile operation poorly--- they are becoming increasingly in demand to get stray animals fixed, as well as animals given/dropped off at shelters that may not be able to transport all their animals to a vet at once. I think, like with any vet, you want to ensure they are exotic and rabbit experienced.
I found 3 that are cheaper than others. Aside from the other I mentioned in my post. One is 350 and they said they would recommend blood work but it’s not needed. She mentioned it would be just under 500 dollars. Are the blood works a must? This other place is 75 dollars for males BUT they are fully booked. The good thing is she mentioned I could call everyday a 9AM and see if they could give me someone else’s spot since there have been a lot of no shows. I still have the appointment for July 20th just in case I can’t get the 75 dollar one. I have a better plan now.

Hi, I used Pedley Square Veterinary Clinic in Riverside Ca. and was very happy with them. I had my bunny spayed in December and everything went well… they are reasonably priced and you can call actor and others for animals and they can help in the expense… they gave me 40.00 towards her spay.,,

Hi, I used Pedley Square Veterinary Clinic in Riverside Ca. and was very happy with them. I had my bunny spayed in December and everything went well… they are reasonably priced and you can call actor and others for animals and they can help in the expense… they gave me 40.00 towards her spay.,,
Thank you for that. Fortunately I was able to get an appointment this morning. I just dropped him off right now and I have to call them at 4. I am so worried ):

Hi, I just checked and they’re only about an hour away from you… I don’t remember the exact cost, but I know I paid around 180.00 and that was also for a female kitten ( they went in on the buddy system) and it included 3 days of pain medication for Basil.,. When I was dropping them off and saw someone dropping off their pig… I knew I had come to the right place…

Thank you for that. Fortunately I was able to get an appointment this morning. I just dropped him off right now and I have to call them at 4. I am so worried ):

Oops.,, obviously I’m new to this
So where did you end up taking him
I took him to Brookhaven pet hospital. It’s about an hour away aswell from my house. They said I would be 75 dollars to neuter him but they haven’t mentioned how much it would be for the medicine. I’ll have to wait and see. Also dw you’ll get used to it lol The website was quite easy to use after a while.

I found 3 that are cheaper than others. Aside from the other I mentioned in my post. One is 350 and they said they would recommend blood work but it’s not needed. She mentioned it would be just under 500 dollars. Are the blood works a must? This other place is 75 dollars for males BUT they are fully booked. The good thing is she mentioned I could call everyday a 9AM and see if they could give me someone else’s spot since there have been a lot of no shows. I still have the appointment for July 20th just in case I can’t get the 75 dollar one. I have a better plan now.
For future reference, pre-anesthetic bloodwork is not required, but typically recommended for the first time a rabbit is going under. Bloodwork can reveal if there is something abnormal going on with your rabbit, which may cause reason to delay the operation and treat something else first, for example.

For future reference, pre-anesthetic bloodwork is not required, but typically recommended for the first time a rabbit is going under. Bloodwork can reveal if there is something abnormal going on with your rabbit, which may cause reason to delay the operation and treat something else first, for example.
Ahh okay well wish I would’ve known this sooner. I put no on whether I wanted bloodwork to be done.

Latest posts

Back