need foster doe- eastern Iowa

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

akane

Reaction score
We lost a doe to a prolasped uterus today after giving birth to a bunch of kits. I only got a quick count before rushing the doe to the vet where she was euthanized and I think there's about 10. I'm going to see if I can get my doe with 2 week old kits to nurse a few while being held and I'll get a better count. I have to leave Thursday for thanksgiving with my dad's family which I cannot miss. This may be the last time I ever see my grandma. If you know anyone with a doe and a young litter in the area please contact me asap. I'll be making calls tomorrow. Otherwise we'll try to get as much actual bunny milk in them as possible and then pick up supplies to have my aunt, who has raised orphan cottontails, try to feed them over the weekend until we get back.

How many pregnant does do you have?
what breeds are they?

Its not good for a doe to nurse a large litter, the babies won't be getting enough milk and have to fight (not literally) for a feed, and they will stay small.

My other 2 does have 7 and 4week old kits so I can't just give them the kits. We tried to hold them for feeding but had no luck. I have a creme d'argent doe due friday but we will be gone by then and I'm not sure I trust my rabbit babysitters to move nest boxes and kits around. They also tend to have big litters so I'm doubting we could foster them all to her. So far the only person in the area that has responded has a litter of 7week olds thus the reason I am looking in to handfeeding.

Latest posts

Back