Need food alternative to Mazuri

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Norvak

Reaction score
I have always used Mazuri Rabbit Diet brand food for my pet. The company is discontinuing its small bags and only going to large feed store type bags. I did not know about this ahead of time, and I cannot find the large bags anywhere in my state. I have tried a couple other brands, but my rabbit refuses to eat it. It has been 3 days and he has only eaten grass hay.

Should I be concerned? I cannot buy every brand in the world just to hope I find one that he will eat. At the same time I don't want him to get malnourished.

Any ideas?

I feed oxbow to my bunnies and they love it. I don't know if you are close to a Petsmart, but most of them sell the bunny food. Check and see if your feed store carries oxbow.

Is it just the store that is no longer going to carry the smaller bags?
Because, the Mazuri website still offers the smaller bag.
I'm going to call Mazuri to find out for sure.

Other timothy pellets I know of are Oxbow Essentials - Adult Rabbit Food,Kaytee Timothy Complete, and ZuPreem Nature's Promise.

Mazuri can be ordered on line from their website
http://www.mazuri.com/mazurirabbitdiet.aspx

I have tried Kaytee, and Petsmart had me try Grreat Choice brand. They said it is what they feed all of their pets. None of which my rabbit will touch.

I think Mazuri puts crack in their rabbit food! My poor
bunnie is in withdrawl!

I spoke to Mazuri through email. This is what they said:

"Thanks for your inquiry Nathaniel. We are phasing out the small pack Mazuri products in the Petsmart stores. You can still order online at www.mazuri.com or ask an authorized Purina dealer near you to place an order. It was my understanding Petsmart was still to have online availability through 2012 as well, so I have forwarded your inquiry to our marketing director."

Norvak wrote:
I found a feed dealership in my city that sells the small bags and the large bags. yay!
You may find that the big bags are a better buy cost-wise.
You can rebag into smaller bags (zip-lok freezer bags are my choice) and freeze it until you need it.

Latest posts

Back