Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Yessi01

Reaction score
Hi my name is Yessi i’m a mommy to Grumdrop(1yr) and Ophelia(2 1/2mo)
I’ve had ophelia for about 3 weeks & gumdrop didn’t seem to mind or acknowledge her around, until today when I noticed her grooming Ophelia thru the cage which she did 3 separate times. I did a speedy date the day before but there was no contact between each other as my mom and I were each petting them right by each other. So now my question is should I try bonding them ??? I have been wanting to wait as I am waiting to get gumdrop spayed/ neuter (unsure of gender) in 2 weeks. I’m just so terrified since Ophelia is tiny and would hate to see her get hurt. I was reading that grooming is a really good sign of bonding but I only did it once so could it mean something else ?🤔

Attachments

• 4F398398-6E4F-4DDF-B9CE-2553BCC55489.jpeg
    4F398398-6E4F-4DDF-B9CE-2553BCC55489.jpeg
    348.2 KB · Views: 2
  • DA539F07-6B95-4E10-AE4B-64FF76C98BA3.jpeg
    DA539F07-6B95-4E10-AE4B-64FF76C98BA3.jpeg
    54.2 KB · Views: 2
Grooming is a good sign of bonding so don't worry about that :)

Wait until Gumdrop has been spayed/neutered until you do the bonding. But only start bonding and dates 6-8 weeks after the surgery as it will allow Gumdrop's hormones to calm down, making the process easier for you. During the time Gumdrop is taking to help his/her hormones calm down don't do bunny dates or any form of bonding but you can switch their enclosures, toys and litter boxes so they are still used to each others smell. There is a video below and I hope it helps <3

Please change your title to be more specific. Perhaps "Need advice about bonding." Otherwise it is too vague. We've had a few other new people that had the exact title (need advice) so yours may get missed as people will think it is the same post.

Latest posts

Back