Need advice please!! Sore hocks?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

briennap

Reaction score
So I just have a quick question regarding my buns foot..

So I noticed this morning she has an irritated line of skin with no white fur on it and it looks just like sore hocks would...but I don't understand at all why because she is hardly in her cage and I mean hardly..like she goes in there to eat and use the bathroom and drink and that's it her cage door is always open and she's always out with us.

I tried uploading a pic but it just kept freezing so I couldn't but I'll try in the comments. But I'm just wondering what else could've caused this or whatever it is?

Just throwing this out, could it be overgrooming? If she is hardly in her cage and is in a carpeted area she would not really have sore hocks.. also have you changed anything in her diet? In her environment? Could it be an allergy to anything she might be walking on? Have you cleaned carpets in anything different or floor cleaner or powders for floor cleaner or air freshner?

Just some thoughts..

Vanessa

Do you mean the fur is worn down and skin is showing on the bottom of her back foot? That may not necessarily mean she has a sore hock. Many rabbits will have some bit of skin showing, but what's important is to determine if the skin is red and inflamed, if there is an open sore, or if the skin is just pink and normal looking. There may also be just a little bit of callousing, and this could be normal as well.

http://www.medirabbit.com/EN/Skin_diseases/Mechanical/Pod/Podo.htm

I've gone ahead and changed your title to be a bit more precise as to the problem with your bun.

See if you can upload the picture to another image hosting site like Imgur, it would help a lot to see what the area looks like.

Latest posts

Back