need advice on rabbit pregnancy's

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bunnysrcool17

Reaction score
hi, my bunny camila isnt having much luck with babies :( we've tried 5-6 times but no luck yet:confused: anyone have any advice or suggestions?

Attachments

• Resized_20201217_193649.jpeg
    Resized_20201217_193649.jpeg
    600.3 KB · Views: 8
How old is she, you tried (that is, they actually mated?), waited some weeks, tried again and so on? Was she willing, did you get fall offs etc.?
Was it always with the same buck (could be an issue with him too)?

Well, about breeding with rabbits that, if nothing else is obviously off and they were in the mood, seem to have problems with that - if it eventually succeeds those problems can be handed down to the next generation. Possibly multiplying and spreading a problem is not the best thing to do in my book.
If something is off with her plumbing chances may be that it's not done with just getting her pregnant, many breeders apply a three strikes rule. After 5-6 (real) tries I would definitly stop, the uncertainty each time would bother me.

Then there's the thing about breeding pets. You are prepared that sometimes things can go very wrong? I could tell a very recent tale about my 7yo girl that was already retired for years because of some problems, but got accidentially pregnant because the buck managed to wedge a cover at his hutch open,. Well, I leave the gory details out here but she survived (til now, knocking on wood) after an emergency surgery by a kind vet who took my call although they were closed and it was saturday, despite him thinking that her chances to make it were slim.
Sorry if I sound kinda negative, still not enough sleep from keeping her eating, administering meds and my two pet bunnies complaining about that cage on the kitchen table through the night...

How old is she, you tried (that is, they actually mated?), waited some weeks, tried again and so on? Was she willing, did you get fall offs etc.?
Was it always with the same buck (could be an issue with him too)?

Well, about breeding with rabbits that, if nothing else is obviously off and they were in the mood, seem to have problems with that - if it eventually succeeds those problems can be handed down to the next generation. Possibly multiplying and spreading a problem is not the best thing to do in my book.
If something is off with her plumbing chances may be that it's not done with just getting her pregnant, many breeders apply a three strikes rule. After 5-6 (real) tries I would definitly stop, the uncertainty each time would bother me.

Then there's the thing about breeding pets. You are prepared that sometimes things can go very wrong? I could tell a very recent tale about my 7yo girl that was already retired for years because of some problems, but got accidentially pregnant because the buck managed to wedge a cover at his hutch open,. Well, I leave the gory details out here but she survived (til now, knocking on wood) after an emergency surgery by a kind vet who took my call although they were closed and it was saturday, despite him thinking that her chances to make it were slim.
Sorry if I sound kinda negative, still not enough sleep from keeping her eating, administering meds and my two pet bunnies complaining about that cage on the kitchen table through the night...

hi, thanks for the reply she is 1 year in October and yes we've had fall offs and i agree it could be a problem with the buck witch you can see in my profile pic. And i under stand the breeding problem some people have also and i don't agree with over breeding i think 1-2 liters a year is reasonable. i am so sorry about your bun i know what it feels like to lose a pet. Also i will not be trying to breed her again at least not with this buck thx again!

Latest posts

Back