Need advice on rabbit care please đź’–

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crunchies4me

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I'm new and my name is Brianna. I came across an abandoned bunny outside who was very friendly. I brought him in and plan only to keep him temporarily. He doesn't seem to be injured and he seems to be eating his rabbit food fine. I have him in a large covered cage out of reach of my cat and dog who are nearly the same size as this bunny. I gave him some newspaper like I read about here and he seems to be shredding it which I assume is ok. But I'm worried I'm not doing enough for him. Any advice on how I can take care of him properly until I can get him to the aspca??? Thanks!!!

Is there any way you can get some hay? I wonder how long he's been out on his own. He may have been eating grass and such. It would be ok to give him access to some grass then.
A water bowl too.

Do you have a rabbit of your own? (or did you go out and buy some rabbit food?)

Is there any way you can get some hay? I wonder how long he's been out on his own. He may have been eating grass and such. It would be ok to give him access to some grass then.
A water bowl too.

Do you have a rabbit of your own? (or did you go out and buy some rabbit food?)

I don't think he's been out side long, im more in a city type location and the 5 years here I've never seen any type of rabbit running around wild or otherwise until yesterday. I can probably get some hay. He seems curious about his surroundings but unsure of letting me pick him up at this time so I'm leaving him in his cage.

Is this normal rabbit behavior when in a new place??? Should I give him time to adjust???

I let him sniff my hand and he nibbled a bit. I read that some reasons they nibble might be for attention. I don't want to end up scaring him by picking him up. I just want to make sure Im doing the right things by him while he's here. Thanks for all help you all can give me đź’–

Latest posts

Back