Need advice I got a new baby bunny

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MuffinNibblesmollyXOXO

Reaction score
Hi . Today I bought a new bunny his name is Oliver he is a male lion lop he is 8 weeks old . I got him at pets at home in newry I know alot of people are against buying rabbits at pets shops and would rather adopt but there is no rabbit shelter in Ireland and hardly ever any bunnies in rescues where I live

I already own 2 rabbits a neutered male lionhead muffin and a unspayed female minilop phoebe . my question is is it possible to bond the 3 rabbits together without risking phoebe getting pregnant .. and then just get Oliver neutered as soon as he is old enough or would there be a risk of him getting phoebe pregnant? Or any fights happening ?

All your rabbits should be spayed/neutered before you even attempt to bond them or put them together. Yes even your female should be spayed!
There are plenty of risks of them all fighting. Are your current 2 bonded? you could end up with some serious issues trying to introduce a 3rd into an already bonded pair. And male rabbits can get females pregnant as soon as their testicles drop. And since they can suck them up into their abdominal cavity, simply looking for them isn't enough to tell. He could potentially get her pregnant now.

Yes my current 2 buns are bonded they've been together for 2 months now i do plane on getting phoebe spayed in the near future .... I won't be putting Oliver with the other buns like I was hoping to be able to do but that's ok ill just wait till he's neutered and phoebes spayed thanks for the advise

Latest posts

Back