Need a Support Group!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LindseyKS

Reaction score
~This is ~DustBeginings~ that account went crazy, couldn't get my password all that fun stuff!~

My babbies will be 7 weeks next week and I have to give them away:(I thought I was going to be able to handle it, but I went up stairs to check on them and just broke down! It's my first liter ever (and last) and I don't want to give them up! Sure, they area pain, knocking out shavings and all that but they are so cute! The gather round my arm when I put my hand in and give me kisses:(They are so tiny too! They still fit in my palm!

Picture-http://community.webshots.com/photo/394599251/2748969990054937227sllTmo

Hi,

Your little babys are so cute!!:D

I have bred by Holland Lops, It is so hard to give them away!!!!

What type are your babys?

Are you going to keep any of the babys?

Well God bless you!! I hope all goes well Finding them homes!!

I'm a breeder and I'm going to tell you a couple of things which will seem like the contradict each other...

I feel that way about almost every litter I have...."How can I give this one away?" or "How can I let that one go...I'll just keep it.."

But I find that after they reach a certain age - about 10-12 weeks -they are no longer as cute and cuddly and I think, "I need to rehome you.."...

...of course, I have the benefit of knowing I have more babies coming along!

It is going to be tough....take a ton of photos now - and journal about your memories.

But remember - you are going to do what is best for THEM - no matter how much it hurts. You're going to help them find good homes where they will be loved and special....

You'll be in my thoughts and prayers...

Peg

Bunny B. I call them accidents :DBoth were supposed to be boys, but then I got 7:bunnydance::bunnydance::bunnydance::bunnydance::bunnydance::bunnydance::bunnydance:

TinysMom, I look at the mess they make everywhere and think to myself, can I wait a week? ;)

They are going to the feed store (not for feed!:shock:) where they will be adopted out. We now this guy very well and he only has a small number of animals because he doesn't like just handing them out. He is a great guy.

I am worried about these guys being Easter "presents" but there is not much to do about it, in my town there is no market for bunnies. I think they will be fine though, most parents have the right heart to not give their kid a pet that they won't take care of (most...)

LindseyKS wrote:
I am worried about these guys being Easter "presents" but there is not much to do about it, in my town there is no market for bunnies. I think they will be fine though, most parents have the right heart to not give their kid a pet that they won't take care of (most...)
Most people who buy from a feed store - aren't doing it spur of the moment with no animal experience....they're already there to buy some sort of feed....

Just my .02

Latest posts

Back