Need a little support

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I rarely come around here anymore, but am feeling really down today and need a little support from people who understand.

One year ago today my heart bunny passed away. I got Hershey when he was 7 weeks old. He was 10.5 when he passed.

I found myself sobbing so loudly that Ditto hid under the bed stomping his feet!

Does it ever get easier?

Attachments

• IMG_20170903_020359.jpg
    IMG_20170903_020359.jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 25
I rarely come around here anymore, but am feeling really down today and need a little support from people who understand.

One year ago today my heart bunny passed away. I got Hershey when he was 7 weeks old. He was 10.5 when he passed.

I found myself sobbing so loudly that Ditto hid under the bed stomping his feet!

Does it ever get easier?

I’m so sorry for your loss. I have not suffered the loss of a rabbit yet. On January 3 2017 I lost my soul dog so I know your pain. It does get easier but I choose to keep my Alberts spirit alive in my home. I had him creamated and his urn sits in my living room. On down days I talk out loud (when I’m alone) to Albert. I also do it for my dad who passed in 2014. It helps me. I hope sharing my craziness somehow helps you. My prayers are with you during your time of need.

I'm so sorry for your loss, and I understand. My heart bunny died last August and I still cry often for her although I can control it a bit better now. I can't even replace her beautiful face as the screensaver on my phone. I had my Lily for ten years and she was my little girl. I adopted a very sweet and highly energetic bunny a few weeks after her passing which helped a lot, but my new bunny doesn't replace my love for Lily although she is as adorable and sweet as can be.

Lily is buried in my backyard and she has a headstone. I talk to her often and had a ceremony on the anniversary of her death. Always try to remember all the good times with your bunny and know you provided him with the best life possible.
Again....so sorry for your loss.

I'm so sorry for your loss..it dose get easier, I mean you never stop missing them because you can't but start to think about the good memories you had and how no matter what even though your feeling this loss you'd never have it any other way cause you'll always love them cause there a part of you..I lost my dog Apryl about 5 years ago and no matter how much time passes when I think about her and remember her and on her birthday and Christmas and any time I go for a walk I often cry cause she was my Best Friend and no one could ever replace her cause she was my baby.
I am very sorry for you loss and I hope you find comfort in pictures of Hershey and memories of him and remember just cause you cry it's not a bad thing, crying is a very normal thing and I find after I cry over Apryl I feel much better..I also keep an Apryl journal and I write passages to her and it also helps to give me extra comfort, I often find I will hear feet walking in the ground when there's nobody around or I will feel a warm spot on my leg like she's laying her head there like she used to do..sometimes I instantly feel better like I know she's there watching me...anyway I really hope you feel better and you find comfort in your other fur baby's..you should also look up the Poem rainbow Bridge if you've never heard of it it makes me feel a bit better to read it from time to time, RIP Hershey, hugs to you

Thank you for your kind and supportive replies! I feel better now the anniversary of his death has past. I know the two bunnies I have now need me, but it's just not the same. Hopefully the hurt will fade with time.

A friend told me the passing of a loved one leaves a big hole in your heart. The hole never closes but as time passes it gets smaller.

We lost our beautiful bunny on New Year’s Day this year. He was only a baby but we had such an amazing bond. I have his photo and memory statue up in my bedroom and miss him every day. We only had him a month so I can’t imagine how much pain it must be after 10 years. Sending best wishes to you.

when my chocolate died it was sooooo hard and I went into a long state of depression for a year and then came out of it gradually... the anniversary does not get better....

Latest posts

Back