Need a good name for a blog

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SweetPeasMommie

Reaction score
I am going to be making a blog to talk about all my deaf friends, how much fun deaf people can be, what we can do in our lives too. Also to talk about me and my best friends I have known since we all were 2 years old even some were younger.

So I need some good names. Most are girls but there are guys too. I have 2 here that I came up with.

Friends Forever,
Friends R Forever

I need something that means friends and with forever, or something like that.

SweetPea are you deaf? I didn't know that. My hubby's aunt is deaf from birth.

I didn't know that there is actually like a deaf counter-culture until she told me about it.

Bo B Bunny wrote:
SweetPea are you deaf? I didn't know that. My hubby's aunt is deaf from birth.

I didn't know that there is actually like a deaf counter-culture until she told me about it.
Yeah I am deaf, born deaf. Only deaf child in my family as well as my hubs. It is amazing how all deaf people interact using ASL American Sign Language.

Wow your great aunt, awesome. I lost touch with my school friends for the deaf for years. Some I had not seen in 13 years. My best friend I knew when she was just 2 years old invited me out last sat night. Met up with others that I had not seen in 13 yrs.

But I don't sign very well cause I speak so well and even use telephone very well. If i you would talk to me, you would have not known that I was deaf until i say something or if you see my hearing aid.

Alot of people don't realize that deaf people can do things so far above and beyond in their life. Many really go so far to get there too.

I will post the blog once i get it started. You can register to get rss feeds for new updates and comments and stuff like that.

Many deaf people are in Rochester NY becuase that is where the biggest deaf and hearing college is. I was going to go to RIT but never did. My friends all went there. Many are doctors, and vets too.

Oh also another thing for you all know incase you have some names come up.

The area is Pittsburgh Pa as well. I will be asking some of my friends on Facebook and Myspace to see what they come up with. I can always change it.

I thought of something with Pgh, deaf and something else.

My hub came up with Silent Sound. But I need something more than that.

I can sign just a bit because of hubby's aunt. Most of the women in his family can sign very well.

His aunt was told they could probably fix her hearing or at least give her an ocular implant that would give her some sound but she decided against it (she's like in her 50's now) because she would most likely go crazy from the noise. Until we talked about it, I never thought of someone not wanting their hearing if they could have it. People are so unintentionally narrow-minded when it comes to those things. She really opened my eyes to a lot of things.

She's raised 3 kids on her own sometimes since she lives away from all of us and her hubby was career military and gone a lot of the time. A good dog helped her to know if the babies were crying and stuff like that.

Now, I wish that all schools would teach a bit of ASL - like not just the alphabet, but some of the basics.

How about:

FRIENDS HEAR

Ooh Friends Hear. Thats a good one.

My hub said Deaf Friends. So maybe Deaf Friends Hear.

I do agree with you on that with ASL. My school that I went to , DePaul Institute School for the Deaf, refused to use ASL. All speech, reading lips and learning to hear.

There are corporates out there that are trying to stop closed captions and such. I will get the group name to read up on that.

Some neat ideas here. I like the Deaf Friends Hear but since y'all have been friends so long forever would be a nice addition somewhere in the name.

Forever Deaf Friends

It amazes me how people live with disabilities that the average person takes for granutee.

My neighbor is blind and is raising 4 children all under the age of 10 I believe and two of the children are twins. She doesn't let her lack of sight slow her down whatsoever. When they were first moving in and doing construction to the house, the lady would climb up on the roof to assist her husband. Needless to say all us neighbors were scared to see this women climbing a ladder and standing on a steep roof. It's amazing to see what she'll do next except she does stay inside a lot during the winter.

I also had a friend's sister who was deaf since birth. They didn't use ASL but made up their own language within the family. Needless to say I caught onto it to communicate with her. She was awesome at card games and she'd bring cards to the rabbit barn at the county fair. Needless to say, she may be gone but her legand lives as we still play cards to pass the time away and many that she taught us.

Great idea with the blog, I too would love to see it when completed.

~Amanda~

Thank you, for now I am using Deaf Friends of Pittsburgh Pa. I will be pulling all of the ideas from everyone and putting them together to see what I come up with also I will talk to my 2 closest friends and see what they like the best too.

trailsend wrote:
Just looking at it now - it looks GREAT :)
Thank you,

I uploaded a few photos from when we met up at Fat Heads in South Side (pgh) Pa.

I am the short red hair. My childhood best friend is the long brown hair with blue shirt. All of them in the photo is deaf except for 1 guy in the camo hat, he is hearing.

I also need some help.
[size=

Any one know good songs and groups to songs that mean friendships, also that lifts anyone up who feel insecure about themselves.

Like the song Unpretty by TLC, makes you really look within yourself that you are beautiful no matter what. I also did one with Rascal Flatts, Stand, I know songs makes me really think about my life growing up how I stood up and shook my hands to stand and keep on going.

Check my blogs, I added few more pages, one is graduation day by Vitamin C, one is Rascall Flatts, Stand, one is Unpretty by TLC and the last one is Lean On Me by Club Nouveau.][/size]

Latest posts

Back