Neat little Trick

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MagPie

Reaction score
So as you know Harvey really loves his oats. So much so he'll stick his head into the oats tubey thing. I don't keep them in bags because he'll just tear thru the bag to get to the oats. Well hey I thought they would be safe in the container they come in since it has a lid. Hah!

When it's time for his evening oats, I'll get the container and he'll get way excited. Paws at the lid and bites it. Some times nibs me if I'm being slow haha.

Well the little stinker has taught himself to open the lid. I thought maybe it was a one time fluke, but he's done it a couple of times. I'll hold the container, he grabs the lid and pops it right off. He throws it and then dives into the oats.

I know I probably shouldn't encourage this but ... come on it's the cutest thing. My smart little bunny man. I'm probably going to have to start putting the oats up out of reach.

They are amazing. They do figure it out. Screw top will be the best bet now. Until he learns how to open that too. lol

K:)

MagPie wrote:
Hmmm I do have some empty mason jars some where.

Hahah yeah Karen, I wouldn't be surprised if he learns how to open that.
Don't be surprised if he can't get the mason jar open, he'll be dragging it to you to open it for him.

Dobby is constantly pulling at the bag because we are not fast enough to open it. He knows where treats are. And believe it or not, they know where they are kept and will go and try to open that container.

Bunnies are not stupid animals. No matter what anyone says.

K

That is so cute! Rabbits watch us to learn how to get to the goods :)

They also can recruit cats to help them get things that are out of reach, just a warning ;)

Hmmm yesh Karen I could see him doing something like that haha. Only he'd get my fat cat to do the heavy lifting. Harvey also tugs are treat bag or give me a nip if I'm too slow haha.

Brandy, yes the cat is all too willing to help the rabbit out. Definitely his partner in crime. I would not be surprised if I came home one day and the cat has helped Harvey break free haha.

my treats are in a small glass jar with a pop off lid. if he hears me grab it, shake it, or even go near it, he dashes over and stands up to get one.

Well, he's mastered taking off a pop off lid. So screw on is my safest option at the moment haha.

Luckily, he ignores it when it's not feeding time or when I'm not holding it. Well so far anyway.

XD Ooooh I wish I could have gotten a video of him last night. He got the lid off and then ran off with it in his mouth. It really was almost too big for him to do that.

Latest posts

Back