Nearly 6 week old babies' diet help

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sana+momo

Reaction score
We have two rabbits as of yesterday, both almost 6 weeks old on Saturday. The previous owner separated them from their mother too young, at two weeks. She started them on a diet of vegetables way too early and the wrong bunny pellets (with grains, flowers and other vegetables). They are now on an alfalfa only diet, Oxbow hay and pellets. I'm worried they don't have the proper gut flora and that this may cause problems in the future... I asked a vet if I should be giving them a milk substitute (goat or kitten) or probiotics, and they said no, that the diet they were on was fine. So far, they have had no bad poops, and their poops are actually bigger (thank goodness)! Energy levels are good, they play for about 20-30 min, sleep the same amount of time, repeat the cycle until we go to sleep (11pm). Anyone else have this experience? I'm thinking I should probably make an appointment with a vet soon.

We have two rabbits as of yesterday, both almost 6 weeks old on Saturday. The previous owner separated them from their mother too young, at two weeks. She started them on a diet of vegetables way too early and the wrong bunny pellets (with grains, flowers and other vegetables). They are now on an alfalfa only diet, Oxbow hay and pellets. I'm worried they don't have the proper gut flora and that this may cause problems in the future... I asked a vet if I should be giving them a milk substitute (goat or kitten) or probiotics, and they said no, that the diet they were on was fine. So far, they have had no bad poops, and their poops are actually bigger (thank goodness)! Energy levels are good, they play for about 20-30 min, sleep the same amount of time, repeat the cycle until we go to sleep (11pm). Anyone else have this experience? I'm thinking I should probably make an appointment with a vet soon.
They sound like they are doing well!
If you are worried you could take them to the vet though xx
I've not had any experience with it but I think they are doing pretty well! Xx

Latest posts

Back