Naughty & Troublesome Bunny.

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Buncake

Reaction score
Hey guys, how are you doing?
So I'm quite sick. Like I can't get up sick. University has started since two weeks now and I've been barely getting any sleep. My bunny, Claudia, has gotten way too **** active and hyper recently. She simply won't let me rest. I'm a sensitive sleeper so any light movement and I'll wake up, and for a mute animal, she's been making way too much noise. Her cage is big, I put a blanket over my desk cause it's next to her cage so she goes to chill on it most of the time, but when I want to go to sleep, she starts getting irritated in her cage and chew on the side door to get on my bed, and I can't her on my bed when I'M in it because she starts dotting it with urine for some reason, but when I'm not she doesn't. So I get up, leave the bed, go to my desk and she comes to the desk instead of going to the bed she made so much fuss about.
When she wants to get out, she wakes me up at 3 AM and when I do turn on the lights and let her free, she goes to sleep. I don't know what to do, she wasn't like that before and I'm getting really worn out. I wake up at 5AM and come back home around 2-3 PM and I need rest, I need a nap, peaceful time and she won't let me close my eyes not at noon nor at night. And I can't let her go anywhere else, she can only be in my bedroom... :(

Hi, glad to hear an update on your sweet little bun! My rabbit was exactly the same, as soon as you opened the cage she wouldn’t go out, but at night when it was closed she would rattle the bars to be let out. I think the best advice I can give is to try and get her into a bedtime routine. I used to give Poppy her hay, then a treat, then cover the cage with a bedsheet - that way she knew it was bedtime, and also couldn’t sit and stare at me and wait for me to wake up like she used to. Also try not to give in - if she rattles the bars, and you give in an open it, she will learn that she gets her own way if she does that. It takes patience, but if it means keeping her shut away for a week or so to learn that is HER space and she can be let out only on YOUR terms, she might learn that you call the shots, not her.
The other alternative is to let her free range in your room all the time? Is that an option? Now that my rabbit is free range (the whole house) she is an angel.

Here's the thing though, she DID have a bedtime routine. Whenever I wanted to nap, I'd give her like a piece of lettuce or some leafy greens and a small piece of carrot and then turn off the lights and close the two doors of her cage. She'd eat them then go to sleep like me and wouldn't make a sound until I wake up. But ever since uni started she's been such a needy clingy brat. And I let her out almost ALL the time unless I'm asleep.
I wish I could let her free roam my bedroom but I found out that my rabbit isn't even a domestic one, she's probably just a cotton tail, she's way too small. She's stopped growing for a while now so letting her free roam my room is a bit troublesome because I can't bunny proof a lot of places that she can go to and getting her out from would be quite a challenge. She has my king sized bed, her cage and my desk, but recently I've been leaving those doors open when I go to uni so she doesn't feel lonely and I guess that's what spoiled her. Do you think rabbits make a fuss because they can SEE you and by putting a sheet they'll settle down? Honestly I don't know if I can even keep her in her cage for a single day without taking her out.. Let alone a whole week. She'd eat her way out.

Yeah that's really difficult, I know that Poppy is more naughty on days I'm out for longer, too. I definitely did find that putting a sheet up worked as yeah, she couldnt see the world beyond and all the places she could be, but whether it will work for you, I don't know.

Latest posts

Back