Naughty Destructive Bunnies!!!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nattyw

Reaction score
My two boys have become destructive! I go out there in the morning to see them and they have been tearing up the newspaper which lines their hutch, ripping it to shreds, yesterday when I came home from helping at kindy (all morning), there was pellets in the water dish (its under their dripper water thing as it leaks a bit), newspaper shreded everywhere, and their litter tray was moved to the other side of the hutch aswell!!! I guess they were bored!?!? I hadn't put them in their run first thing as the grass was really wet and it was cold so they had to wait till I got home from kindy after lunch.....

The tearing up paper thing is new and I think it is Astro doing it - drives me potty as I like things tidy and don't want to have to change their paper everyday!!!

Aww, they sound adorable! I think they're going to always shred the newspaper though- it's just something that bunnies do. I gave Rory and Phoebe phone books and they spend tons of time ripping up the pages. Loose newspapers are also at their mercy. Bunnies like to fling things and knock things over, so ya need a heavy ceramic water bowl! Your boys are just being normal bunnies :)

They could be reaching puberty so getting them speutered might help. It could also be because they're bored, maybe some more toys? And like SnowyShiloh said, bunnies are naturally messy. Maybe I'll be getting Poppy after all! :D

LOL! Thanks! :)

The dish underneath the dripper is ceramic so that is good, I just wondered how they got it full of water and knocked pellets into it aswell!!! I did have a ceramic double food dish in there but Astro is a messy eater and he got pelltes EVERYWHERE!!! The dish was quite small and so they have back the large pet bowl which they don't tip.

They are having a race around the family room at the moment and having fun before dinner and bedtime..... ;) I LOVE seeing Poppy go crazy and 'binky' around - thats a new word & meaning for me - so that is a happy bunny jumping!?!?

Oooooooooooooooh no - he is too adorable and loves to lick which I just love - think its so cute!!! He was licking the window tonite - the cat was on the other side - hmmmm!

My bunnies do that sometimes. They have plenty of other toys, but tearing up newspapers is great fun for some bunnies.

Some bunnies are more destructive than others, and speutering helps. What you can do to prevent them from tearing up newspaper that you don't want torn up is to crumple up a few pieces and put it in their cage. Other good toys are paper towel tubes (can stick them between the bars for more fun), toilet paper tubes stuffed with hay, balls, wood chews, etc.

That's nothing! Bun eats my walls, doors, furniture, carpet, any cords (they are covered but he eats through it!), stuffed animals, curtains, papers, and whatever else he can find. He also flips his litterboxes regularly. I have learned my lesson and now I watch him like a hawk!

LOL! Aren't they SO FUNNY! Well some of the time!!! I think its going to be an interesting time with my two as they get older!!! No destruction last night and this morn, they had a good time running around our family room so probably got rid of some excess energy!!!

Suzys latest hobby is plucking carpet. But she does the regular chewing blankets and eating everything in sight.

Latest posts

Back