Nature First treat buttons for rabbits?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

geekgirl101

Reaction score
I won an ebay deal recently on some Nature First willow sticks and rabbit treats. I was a bit skeptical at the looks of the bags of treats that they were for rabbits, and even more so when they arrived. They don't say exactly what is in them, aside from that they contain wheat flour and eggs and are a treat for rabbits, hamsters and guinea pigs. My intuition says they're for hamsters, not rabbits. I'm thinking about letting my husband give them to a work colleague who has pet hamsters. What do you guys think of these? They are on the Happy Pet website at http://www.happypet.co.uk/all-products/small-animal/treats.

From the looks of it I have the vegetable drops, strawberry drops, fruity biscuits and honey biscuits (the packaging is slightly different as it appears that they're a discontinued design, the newer packaging on the website show pictures of hamsters and guinea pigs.)

Eggs for an herbivore??? There's no way I would give it to my rabbits! You're better off giving no treats than those things. Willow sticks? Yes, if they are just plain willow and nothing else. My rabbits love willow branches.

I think these treats are designed to appeal to humans because animals definitely don't need any of that stuff. It's bad enough that we succumb to the western diet but then we feed our pets like that too....then wonder why they are sick and obese. You were right to question these unhealthy treats:)

Definitely not suitable for rabbits... are the hamsters in question dwarf hamsters or Syrians (aka "teddy bear" hamsters)? I think there may be a species or two that are an exception, but as a rule, dwarves are extremely prone to diabetes so commercial treats like those wouldn't be good for dwarf hamsters, either.

Latest posts

Back