Natural themed rabbit cage?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Binky_Bugs

Reaction score
Hi! So I know in the hamster community natural themed Cages with lots of wooden peices and natural substrates are reall common. I would love to have this type of enclosure for my two rabbits as well! I was wondering if anyone had any product they recommend? Thanks!

I mean.. if you had the right climate for outdoors maybe you could do a huge "house" that's all wired in, has a solid roof, and there is floors. Then you put dirt and straw and some foraging mix on top of the floors so they can dig and forage. Then just get some logs and safe trees to put in there. Rabbits love to pull the bark off trees. You could even grow rabbit-safe plants. You could put tunnels underground, so they can have a burrowing system. I saw this one video ages ago, ill see if I can find it!. it would just be a hassle to clean!

I've also seen those for hamsters. :)

Since rabbits need so much space, I don't think that it's really practical to create a "genuine" natural theme for indoor rabbits... but not impossible. Maybe a hybrid of "natural" and "indoors" as in the following photo.

View attachment 55973
This is exactly what I meant :D I completely agree with you and tysm for the picture!

I mean.. if you had the right climate for outdoors maybe you could do a huge "house" that's all wired in, has a solid roof, and there is floors. Then you put dirt and straw and some foraging mix on top of the floors so they can dig and forage. Then just get some logs and safe trees to put in there. Rabbits love to pull the bark off trees. You could even grow rabbit-safe plants. You could put tunnels underground, so they can have a burrowing system. I saw this one video ages ago, ill see if I can find it!. it would just be a hassle to clean!

Tysm for replying! I think I’ll add in safe branches and grow plants but I can’t keep them outside nor would I want to Bc I love them free roaming in my bedroom and it’s so dangerous out there :/

Latest posts

Back