National Flemish Giant Club

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dwarf_Angel04

Reaction score
I have noticed that there is a rise in the intrest towards Flemish Giants in the past couple months.
Recently, I did a search for all the national clubs for each breed and located about 30 or from the ones accepted by ARBA.

So for those intrested here is the National Federation of Flemish Giant Rabbit Breeders website...

You can view all the varties, pictures from shows, and articles concerning Flemish Giants to name a few.

http://www.nffgrb.com/

If anyone has a request for another national club I'd be glad to post them I have have them available. ;)

~*~ Amanda ~*~

I am so glad you brought this link upagain. I have posted this link so many times and so many people havefound it really really helpful for new Flemish owners andpeople interested in the breed. They are truly awesome andamazing rabbits.

Tina

dajeti2 wrote:
I am so glad you brought this link up again. I haveposted this link so many times and so many people have found itreally really helpful for new Flemish owners and peopleinterested in the breed. They are truly awesome and amazingrabbits.

Tina
:D
I don't really have a favorite website when it comes to rabbits. I liketaking a little bit of information here and there. I just love thehistory of the breeds and how they were developed.

I haven't read up on too many breed histories.. thats my new 'subject' to look up now. ;)

So farI have found the Dwarf Hotots to have an interesting history.

East and West Germany both came up with their own 'breed' of DwarfHotots. The West Germans bred a REW and black Netherland Dwarf togetherwhich produced Dutch marked rabbits. They bred the produced kitstogether which resulted in a DH of very small size.While theEast Germans produced their own by crossing a REW Netherland Dwarf to aBlanc de Hotot and with lots of breeding they got their own DwarfHotot. The East and West Germans got together and exchanged rabbitsbreeding the two 'ideas' of the Dwarf Hotot together.

Thats just a summary of the breeds development. I like how it shows 'world history' along with breed history. ;)

~*~Amanda~*~

I also would like to add that at theabove website you will see an option that says to join. I would highlyrecommend joining. This club is not just for breeders as the name maylend you to think. It is open to everyone. The dues are veryreasonable:

1st year membership singles$10.00 Husbabandand wife$15.00

renewalssingles$8.00 HusbandandWife$10.00

Family $20.00(new)$18.00(renewal) $2.00 add on per child

1styear$25.00renewal$20.00

You get an amazing wealth of information. The newsletter isabout 40 pages and you get it every few months. It has the most up todate information on Flemish Giants. Regarding breeding showing, careand pets.

The last page also has a reminder when your membership is due.

Tina

Dwarf Angel, I apologize for this little aside.

Are there any active Californian clubs out there? I've searched and searched but continue to come up empty.

Thanks.

Dwarf Angel thankyou thank you i found ontheir website a breeder noteven 2 hours from me , i havebeen going bonkers forever tryingto find a Flemish breeder . ( sharpensemail pencil )

thanks forthe posting i will letyou al know if theyhave any babies ready !!!!!im so psyched!!!

BunnyMommy wrote:
Dwarf Angel, I apologize for this little aside.

Are there any active Californian clubs out there? I've searched and searched but continue to come up empty.

Thanks.
I just looked more into detail on the site I posted. It hasn't beenupdated in a year. So I don't know if some of the information is righton the site. You can always try emailing and see if you get a response.

Thanks for sharing this. I have beenthinking about joining the club since we adopted Tiny two weeks ago,but I figured that since I wasn't a breeder and I wasn't showing Tinyfor competition, that the club would have nothing to offerme.

I will check into it more before our next paycheck.

dajeti2 wrote:
I also would like to add that at the above websiteyou will see an option that says to join. I would highly recommendjoining. This club is not just for breeders as the name may lend you tothink. It is open to everyone. The dues are very reasonable:

1st year membership singles$10.00 Husbabandand wife$15.00

renewalssingles$8.00 HusbandandWife$10.00

Family $20.00(new)$18.00(renewal) $2.00 add on per child

1styear$25.00renewal$20.00

You get an amazing wealth of information. The newsletter isabout 40 pages and you get it every few months. It has the most up todate information on Flemish Giants. Regarding breeding showing, careand pets.

The last page also has a reminder when your membership is due.

Tina

ThanksTina!

This definitely is something I'll subscribe to.

-Carolyn

Thanks for posting this, Amanda. I definatelyhave this site bookmarked. I have my heart set on a Flemish when wehave own house. Do you have any Holland Lop or Lionhead clubsavailable?

Thanks Tina for the tidbit about the Flemish club. I just may join to have the newsletters to read up on the Flemish a bit more!

Latest posts

Back