Natasha Rabbitova's first blog

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MikeScone

Mike - Camera Corner Mod
Reaction score
Introducing Natasha Rabbitova…

Natasha is a black Rex, with the softest, most velvety fur I've ever felt.

Our first minutes together when I picked her up in Albany this morning:
Natasha_4863.jpg

Natasha is a true cuddle bunny - she let me hold and pet her for nearly an hour. Scone would have been squirming after only a few minutes.

It took a little over three hours to get home from Albany, with a few stops to get food and give Natasha a chance to eat some hay. One we got home, I let Natasha out of her cage and she immediately began to explore her new home.

Natasha meets Marge MacBunny:
Natasha_9451.jpg

“What’s under here?”
Natasha_9452.jpg

"I don't think I've seen this DVD!"
Natasha_9456.jpg

Time for a wash and brush-up on the blankie.
Natasha_9457.jpg

A little early evening snack hits the spot!
Natasha_9463.jpg

Natasha_9466.jpg

After an hour exploring, Natasha was ready to stretch out and relax.
Natasha_9470.jpg

I put her in her cage to get used to the new two-level arrangement. She's sitting in her litter box now, but I'll be letting her out in a few minutes for some more away time. For now, she'll be confined to the living room and dining room, and I'll put her in her cage at night, until she's settled in.

I think we're going to work out just fine...

Last edited:
She is beautiful Mike - I look forward to seeing a lot more photos of her.

OMG Mike!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Such a beauty.

P.S. I let the rest of the old "LL" gals know. Hopefully, they will chime in. They are all members here, although not active.

She is so adorable. I love how curious she was when you brought her home. She was checking out everything! Can't wait to see more pictures and hear how she is doing.

Congrats on the beautiful new lady in your life, Mike! She is ravishing! She's meant to be in pictures - so take lots!! :D She looks like she's settling right in! All the best to you both!!!!!

- Angie and The Brandt Buns

Natasha's been here a day, now, and it's fascinating seeing how different her personality is from Scone's.

He was a loving bunny, and needed attention - but on his terms. Mostly, he wanted to be near me, and he wanted petting in short sessions, with all four feet on the ground. Natasha is the polar opposite - she needs to be close, and she's an attention sponge. Scone was an appetite wrapped in fur, Natasha is a dainty eater, taking a few nibbles of whatever's on offer, then running back to explore or to get more attention. Scone would tolerate being held, Natasha loves it, lying against my chest with her head pressed under my chin for as long as I want to hold her.

In fact, I've discovered I have a lap bunny. We spent most of the morning on the sofa watching TV. She would stretch out next to me for a while, then jump in my lap and lie down to be petted - sometimes for half an hour at a time. Then, she'd jump down, run around the living room doing binkies, and jump back up on the sofa to do it all over again. The last time, she actually kissed me - looks like I've lucked out again in that department.

The only problem is that I have to use flash to take pictures of her - her shiny black fur just disappears under natural light. I think she's just going to have to get used to the flash, because she's too pretty not to take lots of pictures...

Congratulations Mike for letting Natasha find you. It sounds likeshe is theperfect bunny.

It is a contrast when you didn't use a flash for Scone and now you do for Natasha. Which flash do you have?

Pet_Bunny wrote:
Which flash do you have?
Just the one built into the D300 - I think I've got an external flash around somewhere, but I'm not sure where. Haven't used it for many years.

Here are a few more pictures, from this afternoon.

Natasha_9477.jpg

Natasha_9479.jpg

Awesome pictures as always :)
Beautiful bunny you have there. I can't believe how shiny she is :inlove:

Sounds like you two are a great match.

Oh wow, there's that dewlap! I didn't see it at all in the other pictures!!

Mike, now you know my difficulty when snapping photos of Kirby!! Kirby is mostly black and has that shiny mini satin fur that just reflects light like crazy. Without flash he just looks like an ink blob. With flash, sometimes he just reflects it all (I might need to deal with my lighting better!). But you are right about one thing - Ms. Rabbitova is just too cute, she must be photographed, and often! ;)

A lap bunny - what a wonderful bunny. Be warned though, I thought my Penny was a lap bunny too when I got her. She was an absolute angel for the first week or so. Once she discovered that this was her home and that she didn't have to suck up to get food and treats, she quickly learned the rabbit language of "no"! I do hope that Natasha remains as lovely as she is today :)

Latest posts

Back