Natasha Rabbitova's first blog

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've got a couple of buns that tend to "mark" me when I hold them. I have some puppy training pads that I put on my lap to hold them. They are pretty cheap and they are super absorbent. Just food for thought.

Wabbitdad12 wrote:
I I have some puppy training pads that I put on my lap to hold them. They are pretty cheap and they are super absorbent. Just food for thought.
I use these for Georgia, who tends to 'forget' her litter habits occassionally ;). They do work well!

The new avatar is wonderful :)

Jan

She's beautiful, Mike! Such a classy looking girl! It's a shame about the peeing problem, but like you said, she hasn't been around for all that long, so those things should straighten out. Congrats! :)

Natasha has discovered that she can jump up on my bed - until now her explorations in my bedroom have been limited to circuits under and around the bed. This weekend I found her happily sitting on the bed. She seems to think it's a really neat place, and it's become her first destination when she enters the room.

Natasha_9575.jpg

LuvaBun wrote:
Has she pee'd on it yet :biggrin:;)
Strangely (knock wood) she hasn't. I spent most of this morning sorting laundry and cleaning out my closet, and although she did a bit of territory marking around the room and jumped up and down off the bed, Natasha refrained from doing anything untoward on the bed.

Earlier, we spent some time practicing "go explore" in the living room. I'm trying to break her of her need to stay right next to me when I'm on the sofa. So, after petting her for a while on my chest, I'd stop and say, "go explore" and refuse to pet her until she jumped down on the floor and ran around a bit. She'd run right back for reassurance and petting, of course, but we got to the point where she'd spend several minutes checking out the room and even running back into her cage for a snack between dashing back to jump into my arms. And again (knock wood) no peeing. Progress, I think.

(Of course, she still saturates the towel in my lap when I'm at the computer, but one thing at a time)

Last night Natasha was pretty good about letting me work on the computer, and at one point she just settled in meatloaf position on my lap and dozed off. Just to keep me from feeling too optimistic, though, just before I called it a night she shifted around a bit, and I heard the waterworks open up as she peed off my lap onto the floor. *sigh*

Later, I was sitting next to Natasha's cage, feeding her a bedtime snack of parsley stalks (Scone always loved my feeding him one stalk at a time, so I decided to see if Natasha did - she does). She got a bit excited and joggled my arm, and I knocked over about an ounce of Scotch I'd set on top of the cage to sip while she enjoyed her snack. It landed right on her head (the Scotch, not the glass - it stayed on top of the wire). She kind of shook herself in surprise, then jumped downstairs to wash herself.

Poor bunny - but while I apologized, all I could think was, "see how you like it...".

It's been a week since I posted to Natasha's blog, and during that time I think we've taken big strides forward. Not to jinx things, but she hasn't peed on me in the living room all week, and even when I'm sitting at the computer she's calmed down a lot, only a few territory-marking incidents (I'm not ready to give up the towel, yet, but...) More and more she'll run off an explore in between sessions in my lap, and she's actually started going back into her cage to use the litter from time to time without my prompting. Progress.

I had a bunch of Scouters over Sunday for a meeting and Natasha got a bit freaked out by all the people trying to make friends. She started thumping and ran under my bed, and I was afraid it would be a step backward. However, once everyone had gone she went back to normal. Just too many people all at once - I can sympathize.

Last night I was holding Natasha while watching TV and she discovered I had a pen and mechanical pencil in my shirt pocket. She delicately picked each one out, adjusted it just so, grabbed the clip in her teeth and flung it over her shoulder onto the floor.

Very funny about the scotch!

Glad that Natasha is making progress! Sounds like a very good girl :)

Here's some new pictures of Natasha for a perfect early Fall Saturday:

Where Natasha most loves to be - in Daddy's lap:
7648_181902_300000002.jpg

A quizzical look...
7648_181902_300000001.jpg

"Oooh... that's a long way down, isn't it?"
7648_181902_300000000.jpg

Love that face...

7648_181900_390000004.jpg

All stretched out, relaxed.
7648_181900_390000003.jpg

7648_181900_390000002.jpg