Natasha Rabbitova's first blog

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Whiskerz wrote:
How did you find her?
All in the family... she was living with my niece and her boyfriend. When Scone passed away, they thought I could give Natasha the attention she needs and suggested I take her in.

I have a dog with urinary incontinence, I wonder if rabbits can have the same problem? She leaks urine only when she is laying down and doesn't even seem to realize she is doing it. She is on a medication prescribed by the vet and it really does help.

Natasha's settling in more each day. She hasn't peed on me for the last few days, at least when I'm in the living room. She's still a bit likely to leak a little when I'm at the computer, so I've started sitting with a towel in my lap. Be Prepared.

Natasha seems really smart. She'll go into her cage on command (for a reward, of course), so I've been able to let her out in the morning while I shave and dress. She loves to follow me around and run high-speed laps around and under my bed.

I don't remember ever teaching her the phrase, or even using it before, but last night I discovered Natasha understands "lie down and relax". She was pestering me on the sofa, and I said that - and she immediately stretched out, legs behind, and relaxed for a while. It wasn't a fluke. She did it four more times last night when I said "lie down and relax" - and once as part of it she did a full bunny flop against my side.

Her favorite part of the evening is lying down in full meatloaf position across my chest and kissing my face while I pet her. Of course, all of this lying down on me makes it hard to take pictures. I'll get some posted soon, I promise.

Mike, Natasha is a Beautiful rabbit.

Boy does she ever have you wrapped around her little paw. Smart Girl.

I'm looking forward to more pictures of her.

Susan:)

SOOOSKA wrote:
Boy does she ever have you wrapped around her little paw. Smart Girl. I'm looking forward to more pictures of her.
She certainly does have me wrapped about her paw. I'm just amazed at how quickly it happened.

Here are a few more pictures:

I say, "Lie down and relax" - and she does.
Natasha-9504.jpg

It isn't often I can catch her like this - usually she's already jumped up and hopped off the sofa to be on my feet by the time I get up with the camera.

Natasha_9498.jpg

A much more common sight - I had to balance the camera on my knees to get this shot.

Natasha_9502.jpg

MikeScone wrote:
It isn't often I can catch her like this - usually she's already jumped up and hopped off the sofa to be on my feet by the time I get up with the camera.

Natasha_9498.jpg

Am I seeing things.....what is that in the background? A picture of Scone?

Natasha sounds like a wonderful bunny. I'm glad she is settling in. (and that you are getting peed on less)

Natasha certainly loves to keep me on my toes.

I have been keeping her out of the computer room until I figure out what to do with eliminating Scone's traces there - maybe I'll have to recarpet (which isn't a bad idea, anyway, given the carpeting in the house has been there since 1968 and wasn't in great shape when I moved in in 1992). Anyway, until then Natasha's been banished while Dad's on the computer. She just gets too excited and too determined to mark her territory (especially my lap). I can only change my pants so many times in a day.

This weekend was a real up-and-down time. All Saturday and Sunday until early evening, Natasha was as good as gold. She had started to explore when I was sitting on the couch or the recliner, rather than sticking close to my side or in my lap. It got to the point that when I said, "go explore", she'd jump down and look at things. At one point she hopped into the litter box I'd placed by the closet door, grabbed a big mouthfull of hay, and ran back at top speed to sit next to me and eat it. She's discovered she can get on the back of the sofa, so she'll sit in back of me and groom my head, and she loves to snuggle on my chest and kiss my face. There wasn't a trace of peeing outside her cage all week and into Sunday afternoon.

Then, Sunday around 5:00 I left my bedroom door open while Natasha was out. I heard a number of loud thumps from the room, and I found that Natasha was under my bed, thumping away. I was able to coax her out from under and comfort her, and got her out of the bedroom. After that, though, the independence was gone. She would only relax in my lap or against my chest, and she soaked my shirt over and over (five changes of shirt in one evening is too many, in my book).

I'm not sure what it was. She'd been under the bed before, but usually in the course of top-speed circuits of the house. I wonder if she just discovered Scone's smell under there? Or did something scare her? I just don't know. I had company for dinner, but that shouldn't have upset her - she knew both of them before she knew me, and was perfectly comfortable with them.

Oh well, back to the drawing board. She's lucky I love her and have lots of t-shirts.

Sorry Mike but i had a good chuckle reading your last entry:biggrin:. All the changing of your clothes. Poor Natasha.

Susan:)

Here are a few shots from this past weekend.

“Look at me, Dad! I can jump up here!”
Natasha_9507.jpg

Beautiful Natasha…
Natasha_9524.jpg

Natasha_9549.jpg

“It takes real work to keep my fur this shiny!”
Natasha_9543.jpg

When Natasha finally felt comfortable enough to start exploring, I tried to encourage it by spreading different kinds of hay around the living room.
Natasha_9552.jpg

“Look what’s in here, Dad… it’s new kind of hay!”
Natasha_9553.jpg

Wabbitdad12 wrote:
So are you buying laundry detergent in 55 gallon drums?
I'm hoping she'll settle in before I need more than super-jumbo size... I'm having some success with a plastic bag under the towel on my lap tonight.

Latest posts

Back