Name Suggestions (Pics included).

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Samara

Reaction score
These cute little ladies are coming home this weekend with me. I'm having trouble pining down names for them though.

I really like bird names: Wren + Sparrow. I've already used these two names on past pets though, and I don't know if it would be disrespectful to their memory to reuse them? Wren was a rat I had and Sparrow was a wee mouse.

Karen (ZRabbits) suggested Pipit and Phoebe, which I really like. I can hear myself calling them Pip and Pheebs as nicknames.

What does everyone else think? Have a random name to throw at me, go for it! I'm open to all suggestions!

072.jpg

074.jpg

096.jpg

099.jpg

101.jpg

Awwww! They're SO CUTE!! What's their backstory? They definitely don't look like siblings! Is the short haired one part English Lop? Those earsies look mighty long to me :) As for names, I like Wren and Sparrow and see nothing wrong with using those names. They were YOUR pets and no one can tell you you're wrong to give their names to other pets. Two of my girls were named after one of my bunnies that died (the Mae in Phoebe Mae and Mabel were named after Tallulah Maesie who I called Mae Mae 90% of the time). Plus Wren and Sparrow are really pretty :) If you want different bird names, how about Lark and Robin? Raven? Swan? Those are all nice. I do like Phoebe and Pipit too. My Phoebe Mae has the same coloring and type of markings as the short haired bunny!

Petey comes to mind for the lop but I dont know if shes male or female. i like the name wren.their a cute pair :) going to keep them bonded?

Ok these may be bad but im just guessing:
lilac
isaac
honey
layla
fuz!
theeb or thebe
daisy
minnie and mickey
simba
lyla
sazu
flops
piper
bell
Bella
tippee
tip
pansy
areal
Cinderella
Ella
Bells
rocky
pete
dede
abby
abbs
alba
abbs
babs

any of these work? im kinda bad at this

These are all great names, thanks guys :)

They're both females, not siblings, but from the same breeder. The tri-color lop has an English Lop father and a Mini Lop mother. The black and white is a purebred American Fuzzy Lop.

Yes I plan on keeping them bonded. :) I was originally only bringing home the Fuzzy Lop as a potential companion for Matthias after he's neutered in June (and lots of time to recoup of course), but then I got to thinking how lonely she might be suddenly leaving her mum and siblings, into a new house with strange rabbits and no one to snuggle with. So I picked out a second wee bun and they're already bonding at the breeders together :)

The EL mix's father is actually Atticus' grandfather. So she's related to Atticus AND Matthias :) Kind of neat!

How about Lavender and Willow? So sweet! Or Phoebe and Poppet? Pippa and Poppet? Poppet is such a cute name, I named my bird Poppet :)

It IS hard! Of my current 6, 3 were super easy to name and 3 were really hard and took at least a week. It took me a week to name Ned, and then a week later I changed his name! It was Paxton for that week, but he is definitely Ned :) The worst to name was Skyler. We knew we'd be getting him for almost 2 months before he finally came home and I STILL did not have a name for him until after we got him. Named him Mylo and then like a MONTH later we changed it to Skyler! Then about a year later I came across the perfect name for him but it was too late so he stayed Skyler :)

OMG, they are SO cute. I love all the name suggestions, its so hard to pick!!!

My 3year old son named Agnes (from the move Despicable Me) if he didn't pick her name out I was going to pick one from the book Watership Down? If you haven't heard of the book, its a classic about rabbits and is world renowned. Its one of my favorites so I was going to use a name from the book. They are::;

Hazel
Fiver
Bigwig
Blackberry
Dandelion
Pipkin
Silver
Buckthorn
Hawkbit
Speedwell
Acorn
Strawberry
Holly
Bluebell
Scabious
Clover
Boxwood
Haystack
Laurel

You can google Watership down to read all about the characters if any sound like your buns. There are more listed too.
Good luck!!!

Lisa, I love Watership Down too :) My Rory's middle name is Blackberry after Blackberry from the book! Yes, my pets have first, middle, and last names, and YES I do actually call them by their full names pretty frequently :)

I love the name Molly, I already have a bun named Molly! :)

Moo is cute, but I call my dog (Troy) Moose as a nickname, and sometimes that turns into Moody Moo. :p The things we call our pets, ha.

aha! I know, my buns names change all the time!
So, what about Bessie and Sue? I think they sound cute together. Or what about Betty and Wilma from the flinstones? :)

SnowyShiloh wrote:
Lisa, I love Watership Down too :) My Rory's middle name is Blackberry after Blackberry from the book! Yes, my pets have first, middle, and last names, and YES I do actually call them by their full names pretty frequently :)

Omg so cute. Do they get the full names when they are in trouble?!? ;)

Nancy McClelland wrote:
First read "Watership Down" for a children's lit class in college many decades ago and loved it even though I didn't have bunnies at the time. Just a big dog and about 100 fish.

It is an AMAZING book. It's probably in my top 5 of all time. I read it every couple years or so.

I think names that start with the same letter sound cute together too, like Demi and Daisy and Milly and Maisie or what about Bonnie and Clyde? (Clyde can be a female name too) :)

Latest posts

Back