Nala and Gaz get a "Nermal" [a journal on trio bonding]

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Didn´t sound like it went badly so I´d call that a plus. I think they will take time to figure things out, hopefully Nala will be clever about this and let Normie think he has the upper hand when he hasn´t. I think Gaz is just content to have them about.

I love your videos so will have a look, I know what you mean, it takes ages to upload onto youtube but I love watching the videos of the buns I know, they always look so different in motion and you can see their little personlities so much better. :nod

Yeah, I wouldn't say it went well, per se, but it didn't go badly. Kinda... neutral. It'll take some time for them to work things out, but I think they will.

I've been sick and spent all day sleeping, but I've started uploading the second half the video... watching the first half now and trying to do some edits to fix the lighting, then I can post that.

I dont have anything to add on the bonding front, as I have never had any experience wuth it. I CAN say that your buns are absolutely adorable, Normies ears are awesome. I too enjoy watching your videos, thanks for making them. Continued good luck for the bonding.

I totally owe you guys, like, a buttload of updates... and numerous videos... I'll get to it when my sanity allows, lol. The TLDR is that there's still some issues to smooth out and it's utterly *hilarious* when Nala popcorns; however, things have taken some interesting turns.

I think Norm's actually going to end up top bunn o_O. I'm convinced that Gazzles will be at the bottom again, but she's refusing to accept it still. Nala, who has seemed to grow and mature a great deal both mentally and emotionally since our "family" expanded last May, seems almost relieved to no longer be the alpha bunny... almost like she was running herself ragged trying to be in charge of everyone and everything (including the cats) and when she suddenly embraced the idea of letting Normie run the show, it was almost like a weight lifted off of her - she looked SO relaxed the other night when she was snuggled up against him and licking the crap out of him!

Norm is still periodically humping everyone, but it's changed from hormonal humping to boredom and dominance humping (boredom as in "nothing's happened for a while now... I think I'll instigate things with some humping"). Nala still ignores it; Gaz has gotten less uppity about it and seems to be begrudgingly accepting Norman as outranking her... but then she turns around and tries to overthrow Nala for second place by humping the heck out of her (which Nala still ignores). For the most part during bonding sessions, Normie oscillates between flopping and humping, Gazzles loafs but periodically gets a wild streak and Nala makes a "Cartman" face at them when she's not periscoping around to search for a way to escape the bonding pen or popping straight up in the air like popcorn because Norm is getting too frisky for her liking.

All in all, I think we're getting reasonably close to having a seriously marathon session followed by moving in together.

What a turn up, who'd have guessed but glad to see that they are making great progress and will soon be a family, how excited am I lol.

Yes, pics at least are required and a video would be great. You have been kept busy with other things, hope you have some normality right now.

Look forward to seeing these three together :)

Sounds like things are going great! That is so funny about Nala liking not having to be the boss bunny anymore. Oh, and her popcorning. I bet that's hilarious to watch.

So yeah... the bad news is, I hard-core failed at this whole "blog" thing, seeing as the whole purpose is to provide updates for something as it's going on. The good news is that as of last Saturday, I have a bonded trio. You wouldn't believe it, but I actually missed the HUGE turning point that sealed the deal officially! I was going to sleep in the bunny pen for the whole night just in case (went to bed in the late afternoon, actually - sleeping schedule was off, as usual) but got cold and uncomfortable after an hour or so and decided to snuggle up in an actual bed. I didn't want to end the marathon session when we were 99% there, so I left the bedroom door open and asked Jay to keep an ear on them.

I knew he'd be going to bed in 4-5 hours but I was exhausted and didn't feel like giving him a run-down on what I thought he should do when he did based on where the bunnies were at when he was ready to sleep, so I said f--- it and went to sleep. I'm paranoid as hell/very overprotective where my bunns are concerned and he has virtually no "learned" knowledge about bunny bonding (ie he's never done a lick of research)... but he's spent the last nine months watching my bunnies like a hawk, trying to get into their heads and figure them out - as a result, he's a skilled interpreter of "bunny language". He also watched a lot of their bonding sessions with me and we've talked about all of them afterward. Between those two things combined, I realized I finally felt 110% comfortable leaving a major decision that could affect my bunnies safety completely up to him... so I did.

Anyway, I'll get into the details later, but the 1% hesitation I had was that Normie's "I just don't give a f---" attitude still hadn't been put in check by the girls - Gaz had tried countless times by humping the heck out of him, but apparently he didn't respect her authority... and Nala was continuing to tolerate him in "silence" when he overlooked subtle cues that she didn't like what he was up to. I kept waiting to see her snap and put him in his place and was starting to think it might never happen (hence the thought that Normie might end up top bunn). Turns out, she just had a *really* long fuse - around 11 pm on Saturday, Jay walked out into the living room and caught her putting him in check! Jay had also felt like that's what desperately needed to happen with the three, so once it did, he decided he could join me in bed.

The bunns have been together ever since :D

I am impressed and that is such good news. As Denise says, what´s it like having your trio. Can´t wait to see what they get up to together :laughsmiley:

Can´t wait to see photos of the happy trio.

Congrats, that is super exciting!!! I can only imagine all the things they are going to do together.

That's fantastic, I'm so glad to hear that they've bonded and are now living happily together :D Congratulations!

That's so great! How funny that Nala put the boy in his place. I'm glad it all worked out, and better than my trio attempt :)

Latest posts

Back