Nail trimming advice needed

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chofamily

Reaction score
My dwarf Hotot hates getting picked up. At first sign of grabbing hands, he runs & hides; if my son catches him, he violently wiggles, scratches until he breaks free and runs away. He only permits petting and grooming when he’s safely on the ground or on our ‘grooming bed’ (cat bed we use for grooming). We’ve only been successful in cutting his nails 1x since his adoption, so I take him to the vet. I do this every 6-8 wks.
Is this an acceptable timeframe?

has anyone every built/sewed a bunny hammock sling for nail trimming?
Would it be safe for them to be in that position, if the middle is reinforced w/ a boning and not only fabric like the dog grooming hammocks?

I’m trying to figure out how to successfully trim nails for both our dwarf Hotot & Holland lop (who begrudgingly will only allow us to hold him for a nail trim).

I imagine that being in a hammock would really stress them out, as much or more than being picked up. Have a look at the video below. If you can't do the nails yourself, going to the vet every 6-8 weeks should be fine.

Latest posts

Back