Nail bleeding

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chrisgs97

Reaction score
Hi I was trying to cut my rabbit nails last night and I cut all the rear ones alright and then I went to the front paw and she moved right when I clipped it and she just bleeding a lot I put flour and it stopped and today she was alright and she opened it again but just a bit of blood cane out the nail is still intact but it’s black. What should I do? Well it just fall off on its own ?

Hi I was trying to cut my rabbit nails last night and I cut all the rear ones alright and then I went to the front paw and she moved right when I clipped it and she just bleeding a lot I put flour and it stopped and today she was alright and she opened it again but just a bit of blood cane out the nail is still intact but it’s black. What should I do? Well it just fall off on its own ?
Is it bleeding a lot and is it really short??
Maybe a picture so i can see??
Usually on the rare occasion that that happens ,
to my bun i just hold pressure on it with a
damp , clean cloth .

It should be alright. You just cut her quick. It is super terrifying when that happens the first time. I did it once the second time i ever cut her nails, she was fine though. As long as it dosen't open up again it should be alright.

Latest posts

Back