MyRabbits' Household of 5 Rabbits

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MyRabbits

Reaction score
Hello, Everybody --

I am thrilled to be joining this forum. It came to me on the highest recommendation of a fellow member for whom I have great respect. I am sure I will find it a wonderful place for fellowship and information. I and the rabbits look forward to meeting you and your rabbits.

Me and my husband have two Flemish Giants, the second of which we just acquired today at a rabbit show and so have not yet named. She is a 5-month doe with beautiful form, structure, fur and temperament. The other Flemish Giant is a 10-month-old buck named Sam, who is quite willful and messy and just wins our hearts over. The two oldest rabbits are black Dutch, littermates, spayed females named Dorcas (Greek for 'gazelle") and Jemimah (Hebrew for "dove"). They are 6 years old. Finally, there's our spayed Himalayan female, Maddie, who is 4.

Sam, Jemimah and Maddie live in the rabbit room off the kitchen while Dorcas, the littlest whom Jemimah and Maddie started attacking when Sam came to live with us, lives in the large bathroom, happy to be an only bunny. They all like spending some time each day in the pen outdoors (weather permitting). I once tried to encourage the smaller rabbits to do showjumping and agility, but they did not really take to it. I guess I started when they were too old to have fun with it.

We will be watching the new bunny, who is out on the (roofed) second storey porch in a cage for now, for a name that is appropriate for her. She did very well at the rabbit show today, winning her junior sandy class and nearly winning the Best of Variety. The senior doe to whom she barely lost Best of Variety went on to win Best of Show so we feel that we must have doen a pretty good job in choosing her. We are very excited to have added her to our "herd".

It is late and I am rather tired from driving back from the rabbit show so I hope you will forgive me if I have forgotten any pertinent details.

Have a good evening.

:welcome1.

We're glad you found us and that one of our awesome members recommended us to you! It's nice to meet another bunny slave -- especially one who has major potential for cute bunny pictures.

Your bunnies sound adorable! And congratulations on your newest addition!

I think you did a fabulous job on your first post -- the only thing that could've made it better is pictures. And, I'm sure we can get you to post some of those real soon!

Again, welcome, and I hope to get you know you and your bunnies better as time goes on.

MyRabbits wrote:
Me and my husband have two Flemish Giants, the second of which we just acquired today at a rabbit show and so have not yet named. She is a 5-month doe with beautiful form, structure, fur and temperament. The other Flemish Giant is a 10-month-old buck named Sam, who is quite willful and messy and just wins our hearts over. The two oldest rabbits are black Dutch, littermates, spayed females named Dorcas (Greek for 'gazelle") and Jemimah (Hebrew for "dove"). They are 6 years old. Finally, there's our spayed Himalayan female, Maddie, who is 4.

Ummm - So when I call my horse a big Dorkus butt, I'm calling him a gazelle....... ????

;)

WELCOME and photos are required..... :biggrin2:;)

MyRabbits has already told you all about our wabbits. What she probably left out is that she's the one they all adore. I end up being the one they all bite. Our new junior sandy Flemish doe bit me before we even bought her, and I carry scars from Sam (knuckle) and the late Ben (right arm). The neutered girls are relatively nice to me. I think. Either that, or they will chew my toes off as I sleep.

Turtle

She also forgets to mention that I'm the one who does all the driving, since the WabbitWagon (a 1996 Volkswagen turbodiesel that gets 44mpg) is a five-speed that she can't drive. I can't imagine how SHE is tired after doing over 700 miles this weekend...

Turtle

Well nice to meet you myrabbits and welcome to the forum! You have lovely names picked out for the rabbits. Quite original too. I think we are lucky to have a new member with such passion for rabbits.

Looking forward to pictures!

Shannon

Thanks for the welcome, everyone. I guess I better learn how to post pictures ASAP. Here goes effort number one: Suzette, our new Flemish Giant Junior Doe

http://www.flickr.com/photos/9384441@N05/2840861888/

And here is Sam, now ten months, from his coop at the rabbit show:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/9384441@N05/2839203919/

And here's Dorcas and Jemimah:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/9384441@N05/2107268682/

And finally, dear Maddie playing in the cardboard bunny cottage which has long since been relinquished to the ravages of weather:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/9384441@N05/741778368/

Whoops! Looks like posting the HTML link doesn't work. How do I post pictures on this?

Welcome! Glad you "found" your way here! Lots of really nice bunny slaves to chat with. Plenty of sympathy when the rabbits take over the house and your lives (what's left of them!)

What did you think of the Show? Lots of Giants, huh?

I loved the Cortland Classic! Now that it is over, given all the excitement, it is hard to settle down to daily routine again. I just want to do rabbits, rabbits, and more rabbits!

Seriously, the people I met were great, and The Turtle and I learned a lot. We really are entering into a totally new and wonderful world with showing and breeding Sam. It's rather overwhelming.

Welcome welcome, I hate to say it but I think a perfect name for your new doe is Ofelia...lol

Just joking of course ;)

Anyway I am happy to give the naming of the new doe a go.
If you want some suggestions let me know and if I have time , maybe, just maybe I can conjure up something suitable.

I have 5 rabbits, sadly this week I lost one but am trying very hard to honour him by just continuing on.

Your bunners are just SO CUTE:)

Good to have you on board!:dude:

She has an official name now... BR Crepe Suzette, or simply "Suzette" when she's not being fancy. She likes hay a great deal, and is a woofer and a pouncer. Nora weighed her earlier, and she outweighs her boyfriend, ML Samuel Gompers, by about five ounces even though she's four and a half months younger. She could kick his butt pretty easily, so mating them in a few months will be... interesting.

Well, you hopefully got a glace at them. She's more elegant, he's got a big head and strong legs, their colors are both pretty good. I just hoped he'd be bigger by now. His mom was enormous. We didn't get all that good a look at his father, but he has good blood. And she certainly does.

But still, she'll kick his butt.

Turtle

Update: our collection has now grown by eight even as it fell by one. Suzette, our senior doe, birthed eight adorable Flemish kits on December 6, 2008. However, she died suddenly the following day. The kits are now in the care of a surrogate doe and we hope they'll all make it through.

Latest posts

Back