Myia's Bunny Blog

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks Chelle..the other mice seem to be okay although Basil seemed to look for her for awhile. :/

Yeah..after hanging up all the Ikea things and making some plans I really don't want to move. I kinda know why as well.

I was homeless with my mother as a baby..when I was one, we got goverment assistance (Housing) and lived in the same townhouse for 12 years. Even though we didn't always pay rent (Thank god our landlord was super understanding, we are still friends) we were able to stay in the same place.

Then that is when my mom met my brother and sisters father, and he bought a house for us. We lived there for 3 years until they broke up.

Then we moved to a temporary apartment for one year, and then the house she still is at for two.

So I didn't really move around much (Besides when they broke up) so I am a super homebody. I like "home"

I know I can't get a better price ($430 a month) but there are a couple downsides..it is close to school but a mile out of the way to the bus stops that run to school. We live right across the street from where Tempe turns into the town of Guadalupe which is full of gangs and crime (really bad). The fitness room is always broke, and so is the pool closest to us. And we are not really close to a grocery store which kinda sucks for us.

I am going to call one apartment complex today to see about rates because I like the layout better than this..but that is about it.

Plus, since some carpet is missing I do have to sit here and worry about deposits and money way more..and I kinda already spent the money on organizers. So I may have made my bed :p

And I would be lying if I said it didn't have to do with the fact I can afford this rent all on my own w/o James..and if I tack on another $100 it might make it more difficult for me in a time of change if it happens.

We will see..I have a great idea for more organizer stuff for hte apartment that will help.

Hey, I just started reading your blog (the beginning and recent posts) and am really enjoying it. Your bunnies are beautiful (and your other animals as well!).

Thanks Juliet :)

Again..apologizing for the lack of updates.

Everybody is really quite normal and fine..

I finally found some untreated sisal rope at a store and used it to make popsicle stick toys..it took me over 30 mins to make two, and the sisal hurt my skin. It took less than the night to have them compltely GONE with no exaggeration! Chins I tell ya!

My a/c did go out a couple days ago..thankfully I had fans/ice/ect until they came in the morning to fix it. But I was ANGRY let me tell you.

Chewy had her poopy bottom problem, but now is fine.Poops back to normal. She refused to eat teh critical care, but I gave her the last of my pumpkin! Now in the endless search to find some..

Well that is pretty much it!

Sisal is painful! I got a sisal rug for the bunny room and it hurts my feet to walk on it...but it looks nice and works well for the bunnies so it was worth it.

Hope Chewy stays healthy! Sorry about the issues with the AC.

Aw thanks Julianna! You reminded me I needed to post a very overdue contribution!

Everything over here is fine, just really busy. I am working at a new center and have more hours. It is good, but tiresome.

School is getting hard, last week and this week are midterms. It is really stressful.

Wendsday, my scooter broke. It is in the shop now. Tomorrow I call and see how much the repair is and what not. It was such a hassle. Plus it was STORMING record rain/hail/ect and I am glad I didn't get caught in it on my scooter.

Animals:

Fat Hammie is good, but he def aging. Fur is starting to thin out, less time on the wheel. Enjoying every minute I have with him while I do!

The mice are good as well, building new stuff for them all the time and finding cool cardboard ideas to use for them. They love it.

The Parakeets are NOT well. They are now on meds. It is just aging and some digestion problems. I know I don't have much time with them. Alhtough I did adopt one from Petco, she is showing the same signs as Stella, so I think they will pass together. I will not be getting another partner if only Stella passes away. I am not ready for another long term commitment from a bird. :/

The chinchillas are great! Same old same old.

As for the bunnies!

Chewy and Anakin are perfect as usual.

KINOBE HOWEVER.

He is the devil. Desptie it now being what...15 weeks plus after his nueter, he wreaks havoc in our life. We had to pen him in the kitchen, and he broke 2 gates, one of which was a sturdy plastic/metal one. He also chewed a $200 school book that he went off and reached and took off with (Not that we left out for him to chew). What else?
Pooping outside the litterbox, chewing on carpet, idk. Everything a bad bunny does.

And now he thinks he owns the hallway. He will lunge and grunt and I have to lower his head down and he gets the picture for a few days.

But I would be lying if I said I didn't love him. I really think maybe I just need to get him a partner, but James doesn't want another bunny. :/

Well..that is all..photobucket is sucking so I have no photos :(

so sad about kinobe...i feel lucky i have not deal wit ana ggressive bun still. levi said no more buns but then fallow has been acting up lately and being angry and throws everything around in his pen when were around and chewing carpet...so i am on the hunt for a girlie for him. contacted a couple rescues but cause i live in an apartment no go. so much for trying to rescue :) so ill go to a breeder....

Hey guys! I am here for an update :)

Stella, my original parakeet, passed away. I gave her cagemate to a friend of mine who has a larger size family (of six) so she could still have friends. She is doing well in her new family. I wish I could have kept her, but I had to be honest; she was older, and if I got her a younger cagemate the same thing would continue..and I am not up for having birds for the rest of my life.

But everyone else is just fine :)

BUT GUESS WHAT? We are moving into our two bedroom Dec 1st!

isn't that great? It won't be a full bunny room though..Jame's father is going to be staying a couple nights a week. He is working where we live, but has to commute and hour. It gets hard when he works 18 hour days, so he is going to be using it as a guest room. But our entire living space is larger. It is great! Maybe..just maybe..we can get kinobe a partner. Why we are moving is a long story. My current apartment complex screwed us over pretty much..so we told them we are moving. We have to double up rent in Dec, but it is okay.

Kinobe has in fact been doing a lot better! And I got my first kinobe kiss! It was awesome!

In personal news, my grandmother passed away two weeks ago :(
I am dealing with it fine, it is just odd. The family misses her and my grandpa is having a hard time.

I am getting through school well, although not so good in german class. I can't take it next semester anyways because my job is requiring me to learn sign language, so I am switching my language to that. Next fall I will be a senior..I graduate Spring of '11! So so soon!

Hmm..I am going to try to get back on here. More. I have a lot to update..that is the problem! Well, here are some pictures!

Kinobe getting into my red hair dye:
65751_1538095425887_1639937752_1279121_5865640_n.jpg

58892_1494612978853_1639937752_1192045_4864106_n.jpg

34393_1556829254221_1639937752_1313213_7240914_n.jpg

How the mouse cage has been looking:
71598_1556828134193_1639937752_1313211_4793801_n.jpg

I did a DIY project on the crested gecko tank..I glued some planters. Iadded two huge plants after this.
61891_1503578882995_1639937752_1213284_155807_n.jpg

Cute bunny earrigns I got:
62115_1511508881240_1639937752_1228606_320309_n.jpg

Here is a picture of the baby Super Snow Enigma..look how much she as grown!

60213_1494609938777_1639937752_1192032_5521933_n.jpg

And here is her mom..don't they look alike?!

59883_1494610018779_1639937752_1192033_4175024_n.jpg

I also added to the reptile family..I am going to post photos of them tonight or tomorrow :)

Oh exciting, looking forward to hearing about the new additions!

Your crew is looking adorable, as always. So sorry to hear about your grandma, and Stella though!

It's nice to see you around here again!

Great news about the apartment. Happy you found a new home for you bird.

So sorry about the loss of you grandma :( I moved back home to spend some time with my grandparents. On both sides of my family I am blessed they are alive, so I have to cherish the time I have now with them.

I have yet to get a Bunny kiss from my Happy. You are lucky :D

Aww thanks for all the replies!

I got four new additions..yes four! It wasn't going to be that much, I promise! Hehe. I got my albino leopard gecko (Which is why I went) then I got a deal on two kingsnakes from the same breeder. THEN another guy gave me a FREE cornsnake..because he has a kink and I would "Give him a good home!"

It is so interesting. I don't usually like corns, but he is SO friendly..now I know why people love them!

And the kings are interesting..I have only had california kingsnakes and these guys are surprisingly different.

Here are some pictures :)

Cornsnake:
IMG_0976.jpg

Kings:
IMG_0996.jpg

IMG_1018.jpg

Leopard Gecko:
IMG_1031.jpg

Beautiful new additions! Corn snakes are awesome. I'd love to get another one someday. I've been kind of considering getting into snakes again, but I have to think about it some more because I think I'd want to breed my own feeders, and I'm not sure how I feel about that right now.

The kings are amazing! And the gecko is pretty too - is it female?

And no, the leopard gecko is a boy. He probably won't be ready for this next breeding season, but maybe. I want to breed him to my super snow and get a super snow albino (For myself) Then eventually a super snow albino enigma (I can dream!) But he will be kept as a pet forever. Albinos are so awesome looking as adults. I also got a bell albino (as opposed to a tremper albino) because bells are darker..so I am hoping my Super Snow albino will have dark spots.

James who is scared to death of snakes has really warmed up to the corn snake because it is so friendly. I think it was a great idea to get babies; that way he knows them and sees them grow up so he is more comfortable with them.

:)

Ali, I am still wanting to add a small trio of AFT..two stripes and an albino. Just no money! One day though!

Isn't that what my corn is Brandy? An Amel Stripe? I still have not got all the snake morphs done, esp corns (Since I had no interest in them before)

Thankfully a lot of coloubrids have the same names as leo colors, which I have down in memory :)

I just love how friendly she is..such a great snake.

I wanted to add about the Kings, and maybe someone can tell me. They seem to move with muscles instead of slithering..if that makes sense..any idea why?

Latest posts

Back