Myia's Bunny Blog

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thank you DragonRain for showing me Leith Petwerks..I am in love with some of thier items..

I am going to eiteher buy, or build, this for when we get teh bunny room in November (GOSH only 6 more months)

http://www.leithpetwerks.com/prodpage.cfm?prod_code=PL400

I am also going to buy the maze heaven:
http://www.leithpetwerks.com/prodpage.cfm?prod_code=BH300-1

And a cottage:
http://www.catsandrabbitsandmore.com/inc/sdetail/252

The room should be fairly smallish..but enough room. I am thinking Chewy and her husbun will be free roam (If we don't keep Sheriff, which I don't think we are..long story)

I really hate backyard breeders. I hate people who think they are doing what is "Okay" "Permitted" or "Adequate"

As a breeder, your only concern is "THE BEST"

That means housing, care, and the rabbits you do breed.

I am sick of inadequate TRASHY housing that looks like you pulled it out of the garbage. I mean..I understand with large amount of rabbits a system with wires and drop pans might be the best. But I really don't think some hay, or a piece of cardboard is adequate for thier feet or their comfort. A piece of tile would be adequate. Or get off your bum and clean up after your rabbits who can live in WAY BETTER cages.

Another thing is that bothers me is the I charge X amount of money due to my expenses. Its so expensive..ect ect.

Well guess what. You got into it. Its not anyones fault you didn't calculate how expensive it would be. And guess what? Stop buying rabbits then! Be happy with what you have!

If you don't want to breed to perfection, at least breed to standard or something adequate enough.

There are so many dying and rescued buns, we really don't need you producing more unwanted rabbits because you think its fun, or a hobby.

/rant.

Sigh, this person will not stop. I have been emailing her back and forth..she finally just resorted to flagging all my posts on Craigslist.

Backyard breeders, letme tell ya!

And the worst thing is, she has photos of her buns in these cages like nothing is wrong. And they are outside..I don't know how anyone could keep so many rabbits in a shed outside in AZ.

I mean, I know there is swamp coolers and stuff, but really!

Edit: Now I can't even get into her website lol.

And no, I am not talking to anyone on RO. I am talking about a breeder, here in AZ, posting on craigslit.

Uhm, yeah....and that "Bugs & Lola" girl, who keeps breeding her Hollands over and over again and selling the babies for $75?

:grumpy:

undergunfire wrote:
Uhm, yeah....and that "Bugs & Lola" girl, who keeps breeding her Hollands over and over again and selling the babies for $75?

:grumpy:

I also emailed her. What can I say.

It is a never ending battle :(. I quit emailing because of how upset I got over people's response...it ticked me off more then seeing their ads. I know there are others out there posting ads warning people about easter bunnies, so I'm leaving it up to them!

Unfortunatly, those are their cages. To quote "They sell fast so they don't stay in their long, plus they are babies and therefore less active so they don't need a lot of space"

So, today was hot. The weather man said it was only 85 (Which I think was a total lie) and really humid.

In the shade it wasn't so bad, but in our apartment it was stuffy..and our air conditioning sucks.

So I made preperations for the chinchillas who are super heat sensitive..but realized I don't know where my ice packs are.

So I had big bags of food freezed so I just put them (wrapped in a pillow case) in them..and they love them! They use it like a pillow.

I am going to plan a picnic on Monday and take Chewy out to the park again, she did so well.

I really wanted to take Sheriff to the park too paul..but simply that means we would also have to take him to get a harness at petsmart, and he is far to aggressive to even be picked up.

But chewy loved it..and we got a bunch of comments. Most people thought she was a small Pomeranian until she "hopped" LOL

I posted a lengthy thread in the Show section about breeding..I hope everyone heres know I am not attackign anyone, or being mean.

I am simply asking questions..I am confused really about the "Standards" of breeding..standards I thought were unanimous amoung all members of RO.

I have to go to class, but welcome comments/opinons NOT arguments.

Myia09 wrote:
I really wanted to take Sheriff to the park too paul..but simply that means we would also have to take him to get a harness at petsmart, and he is far to aggressive to even be picked up.

But chewy loved it..and we got a bunch of comments. Most people thought she was a small Pomeranian until she "hopped" LOL

I posted a lengthy thread in the Show section about breeding..I hope everyone heres know I am not attackign anyone, or being mean.

I am simply asking questions..I am confused really about the "Standards" of breeding..standards I thought were unanimous amoung all members of RO.

I have to go to class, but welcome comments/opinons NOT arguments.
Oh Myia you read into it wrong, I wasn't attacking you at all, I understand that you could only take Chewy since Sheriff has behaviour issues and ye aren't too acquainted with Kinobi. I guess I friezed it poorly and it looks like I was giving out, sorry it wasn't my intentions.

Oh no Paul! I was just saying! lol! I didn't think you were saying that at all!

But it really what I was thinking of when we were out there. :/

Tinysmom is going to repost it; I had to edit some things to make sure no one got offended! I am waiting on her to edit my original post!

:)

Mmmm...warm lentil soup!

Arizona is possibly the strangest weather states. Two days ago, it was 85..then in a matter of hours, it dropped to 62. Yesterday was in the early 60's, and so is today.
Only AZ can we do a 20 degree change in a matter of hours :p

I had to ride my scooter to work today; a 40ish minute ride for only 13 miles. The problem is the helmet I have hurts my conch ear piercings...but it was far away from what the wind did to them today..OUCH. I am in a lot of pain..they are just so sore!

Well today Sheriff is off to Amy's. Its about a 2 1/2-3 hour drive from my apartment in tempe. Not so bad. I am excited to see if he does well; or shows agression to her as well.

In the matter of keeping Sheriff; I will only do it if down the road him and I hang out at Amy's and it goes well. But if he doesnt misbehave for Amy, I think it is just a sure sign he is unhappy here and needs a new home.

I took the Parakeets outside..I usually have a small outdoor cage, but decided just to move them (In honestly, they are not finger time and I didn't want to/have time to try to get them in the other cage) They are still outside, I will put them back in when I get home. They really like it, my aparments have a lot of trees and foliage so there is wild birds, so the budgies hear it and I think they like it. They chirp really loud outside too :)

I have been without a vacumn for a week. Yes a week. I have been picking up bunny poo with my hands, lol. The chins its harder however, and thier cage is so dirty! But were getting a vacumn tomorrow for sure..thank god!

I am also freezing the chinchillas dust since it *was* warmer outside..I forget why I don't do it in the winter, since chinchillas are cold weather animals. They really love it. Romeo is so cute in person, but always comes off so ugly in photos!

Well..thats all..for now!

Latest posts

Back