Myia's Bunny Blog

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
paul2641 wrote:
Why are you still paying for Sheriffs neuter if you have no intentions of taking him back?

I don't know. I don't want to simply because I don't have the money, but I can't imagine all the crap I will get if I don't. So I am just going to try to do it.

It wasn't a huge deal if it was a couple months down the road...I do want whats best for him and for him to find a good home..however he was an expensive purebred rabbit and now I am even losing more money that I don't have at this exact time. Like I said, two months down the road wouldn't be such an issue..

If his aggression issues are worked out, I don't see why I rehoming fee can't cover the nueter cost. You really can't rehome an aggressive rabbit, but if he is fine I don't understand why such a wanted and expensive breed can't be rehomed to cover the cost of his nueter. So IDK what Amy is doing, but I don't see whyI can't pay half and then it be reimbused along with her half for the rehoming fee.

I am surprised that u r so concerned with the "crap" u might get u have never struck me as a person who gave two shmits. It is a nice thing to worry about covering the neuter, but seeing as u have issues financially I wud b waiting to help with the neuter till i could catch up on other things.

Also I might have missed it but was this a joint decision between u and Amy to get his neuter on Friday??

If this is how you feel, I think maybe its best you stop everything right now, take Sheriff back and SELL him intact, or return him to his breeder.

I don't think that's the best thing for Sheriff, but it will be the only sure way to recoup your losses if that's your intent.

sas :(

No, Amy decided to nueter him now without anything to do with me, or my financial issues. I understand this was also unexpected for her, but she has the ability to sell things, take donations, or have a credit card, none of which I have. And also the choice to wait..which I understand he needs to be fixed, but if you don't have the money, you don't have the money.

I really didn't have a issue paying for half in 2 months or so.

Lol Denise its not so much the "crap" but the loss of friends. People can think want that what they will; only I know.

Pipp, there isnt anyway I could do that. First off, I did email his breeder at first (Before Amy volunteered) and she hasn't even replied to my email or voice message.

Second, I am WILL NOT sell an aggressive/non nueterd rabbit. Its irrsponsible. I want Sheriff to have a good home, and I am trying my hardest to provide that.

But I am angry because one, the vet sexed him a week ago and all of a sudden these balls appear..so I wasted my money of that vet visit or Sheriff really isn't ready for a nueter. Second, I am having enough insurance issues and money issues on top of this, and I don't start my new job until May.

I am not worried about my losses; but if I don't have the money I simply don't right now.

You are right...I was able to *try* to sell things (that I'd prefer not to because I may need them one day) or charge the neuter to my credit card, but....I only asked (you half offered) for part of the neuter because I felt like it was part of your responsibility still (you owed it to him, not me). Sorry that this isn't 2 months from now and its unexpected how sudden it is, but there are definitely balls there and I don't want to wait 2 months and have him develop bad habits from being hormonal or end up with rabbit bites that didn't need to be there :(.

I can't edit my post..

I also don't see what is wrong with asking a rehoming fee to help cover the cost of the nueter. If the nueter is about $80, a rehoming fee of $40-50 would be reasonable and the rest of the cost Amy and I could split.

I also gave Amy a cage and food..I don't know what she is doing with the cage but it was about $80 itself (It was 3 boxes of NIC panels)

As long as he recovers, and isn't aggressive, I do NOT see what is wrong with a rehoming fee.

In fact, I STRONGLY think that is what should be done.

Well I am sorry that I don't have the money.
What do you want me to do Amy? I gave you my cage, you could sell that cage.
I have the only things up for sale I can part with, a bird cage and 2 hamster cages.
I also am selling my PS3, but only because the interest on one of my cards is so bad that I am paying $69 a month JUST on interest and I can't afford it.

I did offer..for two months down the road. Thats the thing. I really don't want to feel guilty on a offer that I still have no problem with as long as it can be done when I can actually do it.

I am still making a whopping $94 a week right now, so feel free to come look at my bills and try to pull out $40 when I also have to pay for health bills..which yes my health bills come first over Sheriff. Sorry. If anyone wants to know, I pay $200 in rent..$25-30 on electcity and $200 on credit card bills a month. Lets not count anything elseAnd I only make $94 a week for this month. Yes, my hours go back to normal the first week of May, so I will be in all good zone..in May.

I agree, I don't want to wait either.
I have no problem helping..but your not working with me. There is NO problem asking a rehoming fee, I am glad someone will get a free rabbit or whatever, but it would help the both of us. The both.

It's okay because I have everything covered for his neuter - no need to worry anymore. I've stated in the rehome thread why I won't charge a rehome fee.

This is my blog, and it isn't a argument, so I do not see the problem.

In may I have no problem giving the money twoards the nueter.

For clarification, I never EVER said or hinted about paying the fee when I dropped Sheriff off. She never said anything about it either.

Second, it was clear from my orignal post I didn't have money for the nueter right now. It is also clear from my blog that I am trying really hard to get the money right now, although I don't think I can do it. So it would be May at the latest.

I will also not pay Amy, I will only pay the office or only pay if I see the papers.

Its sad a friendship had to end over this; but I have good reasons.

She took him in, and he became her responsiblity..I am only trying to help out of the goodness twoard Sheriff.

On a way lighter note;

The chins never cease to entertain me!

Chinchillas are very sugar intolerant, so giving treats can be a problem. Rosehips are low in sugar, great in vitamin c, and the chins love them.

But it always amazes me how much a simple pumice stone goes way better than a rosehip!

I gave the pumice stone to Valentine first, but it didn't take long for Romeo to come and snatch it from him. A back and forth game of "MINE!"

lol :)

Kinobe and I are getting closer everyday! He is becoming way friendlier this week than in the otehr 3 weeks I had him (maybe because I was distant on the whole foster thing) and I am glad he came into my life! And what a cute bunny at that!

Thursday is roach feeding day again..ugh! I can't wait for her to lay! I am still waiting for my blazing blizzard to ovulate.

I got a call today that was great..my friend who works at a petstore got some "Extra" toys..they are sent x amount of "Store" toys for animals..however they have no chinchillas at the moment, so they have extra toys and he called and said if I wanted to call dibs on a couple (Only 2 or 3) which of course I am! Its kinda a far drive, but it isn't a problem on my little yellow scooter! lol.

I don't know if I told you guys..but I haven't had a vacummn for a week..and so I am picking up poo! Lol so it isn't very fun.

I am not having such a good day in general over here..my mom was in the hospital and apparently she has a suspected heart murmmer so tomorrow she goes to the Cardiologist. They wanted her to stay overnight, but she wouldn't have it. Then James was gone all day and I just really didn't want to be at school, but class was canclled for Thursday (Well, one of my classes) so I just needed to go.

Oh, and my book "Lolita" (I forget who reconmended it) arrived, so I am starting it tonight!

Well, I apologize for everything, and just want to move on and forget.

My super snow is gravid with 1 egg!
I figured she would only have 1-2 because of her small size, but its still sad to see a small clutch! But some geckos never produce more than 1-2 at a time.

From the looks of it, she should be laying in around 5 days. I will keep a daily check of her tummy.

Right now my main concern is to feed her as much as possible. Crickets, roaches, and the favorite, wax worms!

Wax worms are the twinkies in the gecko world..lol.

I really hope it turns out..there are SO many things that can go wrong, so I am super nervous. I am setting the incubator when I get home tonight.

I talked to James about the breeding, and he isn't nowhere excited as me, but he agreed we need a larger collection.

I am temp sexing this baby for a female, and if the egg survives, I will keep her.

Then I am going to buy 2-3 males and another 4-5 females. That gives me a great starter breeding colony. Of course, by this time it won't be breeding season, and I may very well buy geckos that will be too young to breed next season (It's cheaper to buy babies, and more available)

The only thing that is a concern is males have to be housed seperatly..so its 3-4 seperate 10 gallon tanks.

Then 2-3 females can live in a 20 gallon..so I will probably have 3 20gallon tanks for the females, or I might invest in 2 40gallons.

And then 20 gallon "Breeder" tank to put the couples in.

By this time (The reptile shows aren't until september and november) we will be in the larger place, so it shoudln't be a problem space, it just sucks to have so many tanks! I definatly have to get working on some more DIY hides.

I just found out there is a rabbit show/auction next Friday..I am going :p

Can't wait to see all the bun buns!

So, I have been waiting to post, but Miss Kitty has passed. I have a thread in the Rainbow bridge section.

Don't worry..I wasn't really attached to her at all, it just makes me sad she had such a bad life before my mother and I!

At least she lived out the rest of her life in happiness!

I'm sorry to hear about Miss Kitty.

My Aurora has never laid more than 1 egg at a time. I'd be excited if she ever had two at once. I almost always incubate for female - that way it's easier for me to keep the babies if I want too or if they don't sell.

Post pictures of the egg when she lays it! :)

So, I called Sheriff's vet telling them that he had dropped his testicals. The assistant said that they didn't guarantee that they wouldn't drop for two months; it was an "estimation" and the only thing they offerd was 15% off his nueter, but considering that its a 3 hour drive, I doubt Amy would (or could) make the drive, esp since her appt is tomorrow.

I am still upset at the situation and the things that have arised from it, and foremost I dont think its fair, but what can I do?

I am also upset that such a great show bunny will have his "career" ended, and the fact such a rare breed of rabbit will never be able to continue his great lines!

The breeder NEVER got back to me..so I have given her bad ratings on a couple breeder websites.

I do miss Sheriff a lot..at least the old Sheriff. James doesn't, lol, but what is to be expected from him.

James says if I were to pass away suddenly, he would only keep Chewbacca, Valentine, Casanova, and the hamster. LOL. I dont think he will ever love a rabbit like he loves Chewbacca.

I just have under so much stress at home, I been losing my patience and temper with a lot of things and I really don't know what to do. I just want to relax and have a calm existance, but even online I don't get the friendly responses..in fact someone on RO deleted me as a friend on Facebook..

I really don't know why, and it bothers me, but I can't care. I have learned that its too hard to become friends with other "pet parents" because opinions will often collide. Its like mixing buissness and pleasure, lol.

I am just going to continue with my life.

Latest posts

Back