My Zoo Cru

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Emily, Emily, Emily

We Need An Update And Pictures.

SOOOOOOOOOOOOOON :biggrin:

:weee::pinkbouce::pinkelepht::clapping::laughsmiley::wiggle:tonguewiggle:waiting::ponder::dancingorig::run:

Susan:pray:

Ooooh my yes we do. I've been terrible with this haha. Plus it was my birthday this month on the 10th :) So busy weekend.

I do have a bunch of picture of him sleeping haha. Only time he holds still.

I think Harvey was a ninja in a past life. Sure yeah when he gets excited he likes making as much noise as possible. But other days I never hear him coming. Like this morning I was minding my own business checking on the fish tank. I think him and the cats are in the bedroom. Nope nose bonk out of no where haha.
He looooves my bathroom because it's the only room I close off from him except when I need to use it. So I usually have company when I need to use the toilet. I have a small bathroom so it gets quite crowded with a rabbit and the fat cat. But Harvey goes straight in to dig in my dirty clothes (my underwear is his favorite) or throw around my tampon box. Garbage is not safe from Harvey!

I still need to find a pet sitter who would be willing to take care of my zoo in June. Going to Hawaii for 10 days. Ooohhh I won't be worrying about them and driving the pet sitter crazy with calls haha :p

Harvey is so sweet when he's sleeping. Congratulations on finding something he enjoys destroying. At least it's not your furniture or carpet. Or worse yet, wires.

You got something that tuckers him out! Good for you.

K:)

Yeeeah, I've stopped him from chewing the carpet (which was a little bad when I moved in anyway) and there are some holes in the sofa, along with the cat scratches. But it was second hand anyway (smelled like dog when I got it) so I am not too worry about it. They are just things anyway.

He's pretty good about wires. Leave them out of his spots and he leaves them alone. He did get my cell phone charger, which was lucky for me cause I got a new phone to replace my 6 year old phone haha.

hahaha ooooh man was he mad at me when I told him to stop chewing the carpet this morning. I got some very good thumps directed at me. haha.

Harvey is a hoot! Giving you a temper tantrum because you said NO to something truly not good for him. Sounds like my boys. Or sometimes I get the cold shoulder with a look like, "How dare you say that." But it does stop the behavior and they get over it in time.

hahaha yeah I had to say no several times. Cause he'd pause, think about it and start in again. Finally got the idea. But yeah he wasn't mad at me for long. As soon as the craisen bag came out he forgave me.

[align=center]"No One Will Sneak up on Harvey"[/align]

So a couple of nights ago. The animals are out and about. I'm watching TV. Azrael, Fatman, is in a very playful mood. He's already tackled Merlin. I see him in my hall, staring at Harvey who's sitting around the corner from the cat. Azrael then decides Harvey is his next target. They usually play together. A game of chase. This time however Azrael wants to charge up to Harvey. I see his butt wiggling, like cats do while they stalk. I yell at him to stop. But does he listen to me ... noooooo. Fatman charges. Next thing I know, Harvey takes a flying leap at the cat as the cat rounds the corner. Cat jumps straight up about two feet and then makes a mad dash to his cat tree, Harvey right behind him. I've never seen Harvey get quite that much air before, but he sure caught the cat by surprise.

[align=center]"and then...."[/align]
The next Morning Harvey still had a lot of energy, so him and Fatman were playing again. Or Harvey was bossing the cat around. Sometimes I can't tell. Sometimes it's just chasing with Harvey grunting. Sometimes it is out of no where. I'll have a little chat with him after he has calmed down, not to be so rough with the cats. They aren't chew toys. The cats are minding their own business and Harvey seems settled. Then wham! Harvey goes up to Fatman and chomps down on him for no reason. Which makes the cat swat at him which just stirs up Harvey more. Then he goes after Merlin next. Merlin, who never bothers anyone. Merlin, who sleeps most of the day. Merlin, the sweetest, good tempered never hurt a fly cat.
Poor Merlin, the things I put him through.

[align=center]"Spring Cleaning"[/align]
So I finally got around to cleaning and vacuuming my apartment. It needed to be done and I was putting it off. I start off by tackling Harvey's pile by the end of my sofa. It's most a normal rabbit junk pile. I found the random scraps of paper and then it got weird. I then found several socks, a tank top, and then a pair of my underwear. Ok... then it gets weirder. I find a pile of pennies. Yes pennies.

Hello! I clicked a blog and thought I give it a go. Now, I'm flipping through a few. Harvey is stealthy ninja-master! He is constantly honing his skills. Keep your greens locked up, or Harvey will come for them! Lol. He's a handsome one.

This is belated, but for willow balls, Ikea used to sell bags of untreated willow balls for a few dollars. (It was a bag of 6-8 willow balls for $3-4.) I'm not sure if they still do. We make our own willow balls now with our neighbour's willow tree.

OOooh thank you MrBunny, that's a great idea. He goes through them like no ones business haha. And the ones made for rabbits aren't the cheapest considering how fast he destroys them.

This morning was a clean the animals day. I started with the fish tank before Harvey since I didn't want to mess with soap and then stick my hand in the fish tank. It's nice to see it clean. Those two bits of drift wood I put in I didn't clean as well as I had thought. Next was Harvey and his hay/trash pile along the back of his cage. I've been meaning to do this for a while. I do spot cleaning a lot and clean the litter box, but I haven't had a vacuum to get the big hay mess up. So I have Harvey's cage moved and realize he's been tossing around hay more than I had realized. It was every where. Of course Harvey was "helping" by sitting in the middle of it. But boy did he not like me touching his mess. I got thumped not once but twice haha. It's really hard to take a rabbit who's throwing a fit seriously. The thumps made me smile. I simply told him "I'm just cleaning a little. When I'm done you'll just make another mess."

After a couple of days of Harvey being "off' (thought for a minute he'd have to go to the vet) he is back to normal. And a little more naughty than normal. Let's see, he was pulling at the carpet (again), chewing on the wall by the bay window (....again) and he grunted at me when I was not fast enough with the craisens. Not to mention he also bit me a few times when I was in his way.

UGH. Must. Not. Look at baby bunnies.

Hahaha XD It's really tempting to want a girlfriend for Harvey looking at cute little baby bunnies. Must resist.

Wooo so a friend gave me a ton of NIC panels, for free, last week. So Harvey will finally get a bigger space and I can organize my bedroom with the left overs. Project tomorrow. Hmmm need to find some sort of flooring.

Harvey goes in tomorrow for a check up. I leave in little over a month for a vacation and I want to make sure everyone is happy and healthy before I go. Azrael is next month. I do hate to leave them alone that long and I know I'll mostly worry. But this'll be my first real vacation in who knows how long.

Hoping all goes well with Harvey's check up today.

Know it's tough leaving him, but enjoy your vacation. Haven't had one in a long time myself.

It did thank you :) He's a tiny bit over weight haha. Go figure. To me he feels bony. I'm used to cats. So he gets his pellets reduced. Plus she was a little concerned with his molars. They aren't bad now so I just need to stay on top of it. He's not a big hay eater, he likes his pellets. So I'm hoping by cutting back on his pellets and feeding him later in the day he will eat the hay because he has to haha. He did good. Poor guy was terrified. I felt awful. Of course he sulked for the rest of the day.

Tonight I head over to Lowes for zip ties and some sort of flooring to start Harvey's NIC cage. Hopefully I can start building it tonight without getting too many distractions from Harvey.

He does like to "help" me out.
Last night, he was helping me feed the geckos. So really that was just him getting into the stand that is normally closed and getting calcium powder all over his butt haha. OOooh and of course sticking his head in the critter keeper full of mealworms and bedding and just having to take another peek at the worms in a very swallow dish. I had visions dance before me of him trying to eat the worms. Weird rabbit haha.

((I swear I am not that bad with my grammar haha))

Harvey's quite the cutie :) And, I was wondering what vet you used? I live near Sac and am looking for a vet that is decent with rabbits. I was wondering who you used and whether you would recommend them? Thanks in advance :)

Shalom,
Lauren

Latest posts

Back