My Wedding Dress

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

plasticbunny

Reaction score
Well, we've set the date: Febuary 17, 2012. I've always wanted to elope, but the courthouse requires you to have two witnesses that you know. How do you choose just two people without everyone else getting grumpy? Also, even though they have been warned MANY times in the last few years that I wanted to elope, my parents suddenly assumed that they would be invited. Um, were you not listening, mom and dad?

So, now we are inviting the entire ten people that the courthouse allows, AND we're having a dinner afterwards where a few more people can come. Oi.

On top of this: Rob is in school for a course that will be going straight through the summer, and the only time he'll have off for a honeymoon in the forseeable future is reading week, which is February 20-25. So, even though I hate the winter and really wanted to get married in the late spring, it looks like we HAVE to get married then or not for another three years. Hence, the date is the 17th.

Now, I've gotten quite... comfortable in the last five years of being with Rob, so I really wanted to shed a good 40-50 lbs before the wedding/honeymoon so I can look and feel fantastic and wear a bikini on the beach! Well, now I'm on a pretty strict diet/workout regime so that I can lose those 10 lbs a month. And to add even more incentive, I've purchased a very sexy dress to wear on the big day... And here it is! (ps, it will be in white, not blue)

KGrHqYOKosE0fjFftocBNcOfbft_12.jpg

KGrHqEOKm4E1LPmjCYBNcOhM0lB_12.jpg

I also was sure to order it in a couple of sizes larger than my goal size, so that I can get it tailored before the big day. I sent the pics to my mother who said, "Thats awfully sexy for a bride, you'll be wearing a shawl, right?" To which I responded "Just be glad I'm not wearing latex." Lol.

Thank you! The way I see it, I'll be newly fit and sexy by the time the big day rolls around, so I may need to be talked out of wearing my underwear down the aisle! A sexy dress is a compromise.

That is fantastic! The day is for you and your man, anyone else can just be quiet :)
You are going to be spectacular, we will have to see pictures of course!

Thanks everyone! I just need to lose this weight! It's funny, I always hated to hear about people losing weight or getting in shape for their wedding, reunion, or any other event. And here I am in the same boat! Oh well, whatever motivates me, I guess.

Not to worry, as there are lots of us in that boat--it has to be an ocean liner. The dress is very pretty. When we got married more than 3 decades ago, we had to remind her mom that it was our day, not hers. We had a chocolate wedding cake and her mom had a cow. When we were in Russia almost every wedding party we saw, the bride was in a bright colored dress, red being the predominant color. Congrats and we're at 35+ years.

Congrats! It's a gorgeous dress. Agreed with Larry, must be the size of Noah's Ark :p

Larry congratulations yourself! 35+ years is quite the accomplishment. My parents hit 30 this year, and my grandparents 60 (!!!) last December. It blows my mind... Being 21 right now, I can't really imagine spending 30 let alone 60 years with someone... Then again I very likely won't. If I were to marry someone tomorrow, I would still have to live to be 81 to hit 60.

Edit: OH PHOOEY. I just realized I said 21, when in reality I'm now 22. :( And so it begins.

They say as you age there are three things you start to lose. Memory is the first and I don't remember the other two. My Great Grand Parents we're married for 76 years. We got a really bunch of old folks on all sides of our family though. One was over 105--born in a log cabin so she could have been older. So it's still possible.

Very pretty dress. And no matter what you do there will always be someone who is unhappy with it so no use worrying about it. Enjoy yourself as its YOUR day. I will be married 21 years on next Thursday and we had plenty of people upset with us on different aspects of our wedding...and guess what....they also said we'd only last 6 months....well 21 years later I'm still married and they're all dead....may sound cold but it was a bunch of nosey old biddies in my dad's family who would have been unhappy no matter what I did....so enjoy yourself and tell them to go take a flying leap ;ppp

You can wear pretty much what you want when you get married in a courthouse. Your mom should be happy you're not going to wear sweats.

Is Gus going to be there? He could be the ring bearer, with the ring in a little pouch attached to a harness. lol

Latest posts

Back