My two bucks kissing each other

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tomjen

Reaction score
Hi everybody, I would like to us for information, I am a new rabbits owner, I got two male drawf from some bodyelse and they said that are males. But yesterday I saw both of them keep kissing through the cages. Is that normal? Thank you for advice me.

Thank you for sharing Dustbunny, I was thinking that might be one of them is female.

Rabbits don't have the same social stigma to gender that people do. :) Two male rabbits will mount one another, two females will mount one another, and they'll bond together, cuddle, etc regardless of gender of the two parties! A lot of what rabbits do fulfill a different role in their life than the same/similar things would in ours. So your two buns "kissing" is just them bonding/being buddies. Nothing to worry about unless they're trying to bite one another, in which case you should worry!

Thank you Bonsai, the thing I am worry is I bought them not even a week ago and have been told that they are males, but then when I ask the previous owner about their sex again after I bought, she said she is not sure about them and both didn't get neutered or spayed yet. So I am worry about their gender. And yesterday and today I got some problem with snow flake, he is kind of try to scare my everytime I come to his cage and put more food for him or when I try to pet him. He was slunging at me or try to turn around to bite me. He did a lot of hissing as well. That does at mean? meanwhile Raffy is very friendly and relax with me around. he even came to sniff my hand and run around me too.
Thanks for your advice.

As with any new pet, you should take them to a vet who is experienced with rabbits to determine whether they are male or female and also check them over for their general health. I think it's kind of hard to tell with rabbits especially. I looked at something online to tell what sex a rabbit is, but it looked confusing to me.

The behavior you are seeing might be their personalities coming out or Snowflake might not be feeling well and this is how he is showing it.

Thank you Bville, I hope it was just Snowflake not feeling well since he is just in my house couple of day. I hope his personal is not too bad because my daughter is really like to play with her. I might have to take them to the vet so find out or may be Neuter or Spay him/her. Still very exciting about our new pets.

Latest posts

Back